Mega CD BIOS

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
M0nk3y

Mega CD BIOS

Post by M0nk3y »

I've been exploring the ways to get a multiregion MegaCD on the go. It seems the only ways are Datel CD-X carts or the MultiBIOS mod.

But then I realised that I'm only gonna be getting Japanese MD/MCD games anyway, and the MD will permanently be set to 60Hz/Jpn. It just seems that as and when NTSC-J MD/MCDs show up on Ebay, they go for a fair amount; whereas PAL ones go for very cheap. So, basically I'll stop rambling and ask my actual questions -

* I've heared that some Model 1 MCD units have socketed BIOS? Can anyone confirm this (makes things easier).....?

* What eprom would I need to use to just put the Japanese BIOS on (131,072bytes)? So I can transform a PAL MCD completely into a Japanese one.

*What eprom would I need to use so I can have 4 switchable partitions and do the multiBIOS mod myself?

Cool. Thanks very much[/url]
Blue Lander

Post by Blue Lander »

I put a multibios in my Sega CD, and it works great. It was a model 2, though, so I can't comment on the model 1. For 128k, you'd need a 64k * 16 EPROM, which is a 27210. For 4 BIOSes, you'd need 256k * 16, which is a 27240. Personally I only installed the Japanese and US BIOSes, since I didn't see any UK-only Sega CD games worth playing.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

What about ripping your already existing games to ISO and then patch it using some tools out there in the interwab? Then you just burn and play. Of course, if this is not worth the bother, don't mind my post.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.