SEGA releases OFFICIAL Saturn controller for PS2!!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
VNAF Ace

SEGA releases OFFICIAL Saturn controller for PS2!!!

Post by VNAF Ace »

Saturn gamepad comes to PlayStation 2

The classic Sega controller will arrive for PS2 gamers next month.

TOKYO--Sega announced today that it will release the classic Sega Saturn controller, which has been reconfigured as a peripheral for the PlayStation 2, in Japan. The units will hit retailers on March 24 and will retail for the price of 2,280 yen ($22).

The Sega Saturn gamepad will be released in black only, to match the color of the standard PlayStation 2 console. The L1 and R1 buttons have been allocated to the Saturn's Z and C button positions (which are the two buttons at the very right of the pad). The L2 and R2 have been assigned to the two buttons available on the sides of the pad.

The Saturn PS2 controller also comes with a select button, which wasn't featured on the original.

By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot
POSTED: 02/25/05 02:02 PM PST
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/25 ... 19240.html
IndyCar Series. One series. All the stars.
Neon

Post by Neon »

:roll: Everyone thinks they're the first to find out aboot this, this is the 3rd thread...scroll down a few :wink:
system11

Post by system11 »

Ihope they make an X-box version, would help my DOA Ultimate stats a whole load ;)
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

bloodflowers wrote:Ihope they make an X-box version, would help my DOA Ultimate stats a whole load ;)
Don't forget about simple common adapters like this which let you use Saturn, PS2 and Dreamcast controllers on your Xbox relatively cheaply. (Just keep in mind no Xbox Live voice if you do.)
system11

Post by system11 »

Thunder Force wrote:
bloodflowers wrote:Ihope they make an X-box version, would help my DOA Ultimate stats a whole load ;)
Don't forget about simple common adapters like this which let you use Saturn, PS2 and Dreamcast controllers on your Xbox relatively cheaply. (Just keep in mind no Xbox Live voice if you do.)
I've got one of those, and lack of voice (plus a little lag) is why it sits in its box... Seriously, on Live people without a headset are definite second class citezans. Host needs space in his server? Mic-less guys go first, without fail - which is fair enough really as you can't communicate with them anyway.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

bloodflowers wrote:I've got one of those
Does your Magic Box switch PS2 Dual Shock 2 controllers from Analog into Digital mode for no apparent reason, at odd times during gameplay (like loading screens)? I'm wondering if mine is broken or if that's a "feature"?
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Thunder Force wrote: Does your Magic Box switch PS2 Dual Shock 2 controllers from Analog into Digital mode for no apparent reason, at odd times during gameplay (like loading screens)? I'm wondering if mine is broken or if that's a "feature"?
An old Dual Shock 2 of mine used to do this (not using adapters), but when it happened it was always when the controller vibrated - which means the controller itself was probably wonky. It was only this one controller that did this, but I took on the habit of disabling vibration in games anyway and it hasn't happened since.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
system11

Post by system11 »

Thunder Force wrote: Does your Magic Box switch PS2 Dual Shock 2 controllers from Analog into Digital mode for no apparent reason, at odd times during gameplay (like loading screens)? I'm wondering if mine is broken or if that's a "feature"?
I didn't use it long enough to know..