How much I would get if I sell my modded Saturn?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Fighter17
Banned User

How much I would get if I sell my modded Saturn?

Post by Fighter17 »

I'm thinking about selling my Model 2 US Sega Saturn that's modded to play backup games.

The deal with my Saturn is that there's no CD lid because the Saturn was once used for swapping, but later I purchase a mod-chip and the swapping thing wasn't needed anymore. I removed the CD lid so the freaking lid won't interfered when I'm swaping. The system still plays fine, except there's no CD lid. If you want to play a game, just put the CD in, POWER on and it'll load. Also there's no lid for the cartridge slot, but the cartridge slot still works.

Also I must talk about the mod-chip. I installed the mod-chip by tape! I didn't solder it, I just used some black tape and it works just fine. As long as the wires are touching the places that they should, the mod-chip will be able to work. I tape it good so the wires won't move around and such. I did the mod-chip installation around early this year.

I wish I was able to take a photo of my Saturn, but I'm not able to because I don't have anything to take photos with.

If I want to sell it, it'll be this:

* Model 2 Sega Saturn Modded for backup games (No CD lid or cartridge slot lid, but the system and the cartirdge slot works perfectly fine)
* All hookups (Power Cable, AV Cable)
* One controller (Orginal Model 1 US Controller)

Everything still works, but just missing the CD lid and the cartridge lid. I'm thinking about selling it because I want to purchase a Japanese Saturn. All the games that I want to buy are all Japanese so it's a waste to have a American system that plays burn games (and I don't trust the Action Replays).

If you were looking for a modded Saturn, how much you would offer me? This is not a selling thread, I just want to know your input.

Thanks. ;)
rolins

Post by rolins »

Its hard to believe that you installed the modchip by tape.

Since the CD and cart lid is missing the value goes way down. I say $50 'cause that's how much I would pay you.
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

rolins wrote:Its hard to believe that you installed the modchip by tape.

Since the CD and cart lid is missing the value goes way down. I say $50 'cause that's how much I would pay you.
OK, and yes it's possible to install it by tape. If I'm going to sell it, would you buy it?
rolins

Post by rolins »

PM sent
SAM

Post by SAM »

rolins wrote:Its hard to believe that you installed the modchip by tape.
Well the Saturn mod chip is easy to install, it require a wire to the Power Supply Uint to draw power. Then you plug the main board to CD drive connector to the mod chip and then connect the connect from the mod chip to the CD drive. That's done. No soldering to the main board. Easy instation. :)

I got one of these chip I removed from my Moded Saturn (Since I doesn't got any "backup" game and my Saturn is a Japanese Saturn.) :o

If anyone is interested in getting the chip, just send me an offer in PM. (I could only accept PayPal payment.) :lol:
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*