Sigma AV-7000 Supergun RGB cable

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Grinning Cat

Sigma AV-7000 Supergun RGB cable

Post by Grinning Cat »

I have a Sigma 21-pin Japanese RGB cable for the AV-7000 that I need modified to RGB Scart. Is there anyone here that would either be able to modify it for me, or at least give me detailed instructions on how to do this mod?

Any help much appreciated :)
PC Engine Fan X!

You might want to check out this tech site...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For Grinning Cat,

I suggest heading on down to this particular tech site as it does deal with RGB, superguns, Jamma, etc. It's indeed a cool site...even delves into the exotic and "rare-as-hell" Japanese XRGB-2 upscan convertor stuff! ^_~

http://www.gamesx.com

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
matt

Post by matt »

I could modify the cable for you, but it'd be a little silly to mail the cable all the way here and back! It'd probably be better to just make a new cable.

If you are up to doing it yourself, modifying it is quite easy. Just unsolder all the wires from the scart connector (after figuring out which ones are which), and reattach them following the European pinout. GameSX should have both pinouts.
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

Hey Matt :) Would you be up for making me a new cable, then? I'd be eternally grateful if you could, though I know you're probably extremely busy...

Let me know when you get a chance :)

PC Engine Fan - thanks for the link :) I'm checking out the details now - so if Matt can't help me, I can maybe have a go myself.