recommend a good (cheap) ps2 vga adapter

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
mirkvid

recommend a good (cheap) ps2 vga adapter

Post by mirkvid »

the subject says it all. just want to hook my ps2 to my computer monitor and hopefully keep the picture quality.
SAM

Post by SAM »

Just find the PS2 VGA cable and connect it directly to a VGA monitor capacble of doing sync on green.

If your VGA monitor could connect via BNC, you could just buy three RCA to BNC connectors and conntect via a componect vedio cable.

There is no need for any vga adapter as long as you are in progressive scan mode. :o
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Only a few Ps2 games use Progressive Scan (VGA). Outside of those titles, unless you are using an upscan converter, it is going to look like shit.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
it290

Post by it290 »

Hmm, I have one of those sync-on-green monitors, a big old workstation monitor. The problem is, I think its sync rate is something weird like 77Khz horizontal. It's not possible to make this thing work with any consoles, right? It's a pain in the ass to even make it work with a PC.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Consoles are 15khz. VGA is 31khz.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
SAM

Post by SAM »

it290 wrote:Hmm, I have one of those sync-on-green monitors, a big old workstation monitor. The problem is, I think its sync rate is something weird like 77Khz horizontal. It's not possible to make this thing work with any consoles, right? It's a pain in the ass to even make it work with a PC.
Valgar wrote:Consoles are 15khz. VGA is 31khz
When you are in progressive scan mode, you got 31khz. Thus, your old workstation monitor should work.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*