(Asking a stupid question) PS2 output to LCD monitor?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
5parrowhawk

(Asking a stupid question) PS2 output to LCD monitor?

Post by 5parrowhawk »

Hi,

When I was scraping together the parts for my new PC recently, I managed to find an LCD monitor which could be tated (ostensibly, in my mind, for playing PS2 shmups). Naturally I went for it, even though I had to plunk down a sizable number of clams over and above the standard LCD just to get that.

Also naturally, being an idiot when it comes to video formats, I thought that monitors these days had composite video input. Silly me. (Feel free to laugh.)

So my wonderful new tate-able monitor has just VGA and DVI inputs. ISTR that some folks on this board have hooked their consoles up to similar tate-able LCDs, so I'd like to know: what kind of cables, adapters, etc. will I need, if I want to get my PS2 to talk to the monitor?

Thanks in advance.

- 5parrowhawk
SAM

Post by SAM »

I am afraid that you have to upscan the PS2 singal into VGA via a Upscan converter. Hori released a cheap one, while the most costly one is XRGB-1 or XRGB-2. :o

There is to little games on PS2 that support progressive scan to justify the purchase of the PS2 VGA cable. :(
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*