Super Dual Box Pro - Help!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
FRO

Super Dual Box Pro - Help!

Post by FRO »

I just bought a Super Dual Box Pro from Play-Asia & for some reason I can't get it to work on my PC. The driver disk (floppy) that it came with wouldn't read on my PC, so I downloaded the driver from Play-Asia.com to try it out. My PC recognized it as a "Tiger" game controller, but the Game Controllers option in the Control Panel (XP) wouldn't calibrate it (even though it saw it was there). After loading the driver, it still wouldn't work. I made the mistake of plugging the USB device in first before I plugged a controller into it, & I know some devices are REALLY picky about the order they're plugged in. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone here know how to remedy it? I'd really like to use my new device!
Ghegs

Re: Super Dual Box Pro - Help!

Post by Ghegs »

FRO wrote:I made the mistake of plugging the USB device in first before I plugged a controller into it, & I know some devices are REALLY picky about the order they're plugged in. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone here know how to remedy it? I'd really like to use my new device!
You could try deleting all the data your XP already has on the device - go to Control Panel/System/Device Manager. If it the device doesn't work correctly it should be clearly visible with a yellow question mark next to it. Just delete it (or try to update the drivers from the Properties/Drivers -tag) and try again.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
FRO

Post by FRO »

Thanks for the tip - though I figured out my problem was actually that this particular device doesn't like the 3rd party controllers I had as spares - I had to plug a Sony controller into get it to work. I've tested it w/ PC Engine Turbo, ZSNES, & Gens, & it works beautifully. However, I can only get the D-pad to work in MAME - not sure why the buttons aren't calibrating...
FRO

Post by FRO »

Nevermind, I figured out you actually have to go in and configure the joystick buttons instead of keyboard keys - kind of a pain if you have to switch back & forth for any reason...