Hardware conerns...Spraying for Bed bugs...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dave4shmups

Hardware conerns...Spraying for Bed bugs...

Post by dave4shmups »

Right now Bed bugs have made a big comeback here in Colorado, and we have some in our house. The Orkin guy who came today talked with my mom and my brother about the spraying (it's some kind of steam-based spray), but I wasn't there to ask him if I should cover up my TV and all my consoles.

I have: a Game Cube, Slim PS2, XBOX, Dreamcast, and SNES.

Moving all this out of my room, along with the TV, would be more of a chore then putting something, like some kind of plastic over the consoles. But, until I can call the guy back, I need to know if I even need to do this, and if so, what type of covering is reccommended?
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Blade

Post by Blade »

We had an infestation of Asian Beetles a while back here in Wisconsin and had to spray a bit too. Best thing to do is to cover up any metal parts, monitor components/screens during the process. Especially if the monitor/TV is a flatpanel LCD.

The chemicals would do the most damage to metal or magnetically oriented parts most likely, so for the most part your Gamecube and PS2 (assuming it isn't modded with the front panel taken off) and XBOX, should be okay, since they most likely have plastic plating on them. Can't say I really know much about SNES or Dreamcast, since I don't own either of them.
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Blade wrote:We had an infestation of Asian Beetles a while back here in Wisconsin and had to spray a bit too. Best thing to do is to cover up any metal parts, monitor components/screens during the process. Especially if the monitor/TV is a flatpanel LCD.

The chemicals would do the most damage to metal or magnetically oriented parts most likely, so for the most part your Gamecube and PS2 (assuming it isn't modded with the front panel taken off) and XBOX, should be okay, since they most likely have plastic plating on them. Can't say I really know much about SNES or Dreamcast, since I don't own either of them.
Ok, thanks! I called the guy, and he told me just to cover up my systems, and that then they'll be fine.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"