Good recommendation on PS2 to USB adapter

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
captain ahar

Good recommendation on PS2 to USB adapter

Post by captain ahar »

i'm buying a couple sticks off a forum member, one i plan to leave with my jap ps2, the other will be for mame.

now i'm looking to get an adapter. i'm wondering if anyone can point me towards a particular model.

looking for something that is going to be responsive (lag free if possible) and hopefully available within the us (ncsx, plus other sites. but i will do the searching myself).

thanks
capt
I have no sig whatsoever.
PC Engine Fan X!

Head on down to your local Radio Shack...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The USA Radio Shack locations sell the PSX to USB adapters for about $15 to $20 USD. I have two different PSX to USB adapters that Radio Shack at one time or another used to sell. They work like a charm and have no lag time whatsoever. ^_~

There's no need to go on-line to purchase one if it's easier on your part to "walk in" to a physical store and purchase one (unlike buying one blind on the net).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Shapermc

Post by Shapermc »

If you don't want to go with the Radio Shack ones (which can be hard to find, I would call first) I recommend one of these. It is the most compatable, and supports two players. It is also one of the few PS2->USB converters that will allow you to use a DDR pad for Stepmania, and a PS2 light gun.
Once the great legend of the joystick master, I am now a ronin floating the boards hoping to strike with a post.
CIT

Post by CIT »

I have a SANWA JY-PSUAD1.

There's also a two player version.

Very happy with it. Plus it has shmupper brand credibilty. :wink:
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

My experience has been that the lag form the radio shack converters was UNACCEPTABLE.

Your best bet is to buy online.

EMS2 USB is highly reccomended, and the current crop of Sper Joubox multitaps seem to work farily well.
Blade

Post by Blade »

If your looking to use PS2 control hookups on your PC, the Quad Superjoy Box USB Adapter works like a charm over at Lik-Sang...nice feedback with it too...works on emulators as well.
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

3 in 1 pc joybox seems to work very well for dc, psx, and ss
=/
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

i know it's probably little help but GAME in the uk manufactures their own for about £10 and they work perfectly.
Number of 1cc's : 5
Now playing: Gunbird
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

How about the Smart-Joy adapters!? They are USB connecting.

I use one to be able to use a PS2 dualshock pad for PC games and it works like a charm. It's not to expensive too iirc (I got my one from LS by payign with my credit points or whatever they were called) so you might wanna check it out.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!