Show your Tate setup thats not a cab or arcade machine

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
masqdgamer

Re: Show your Tate setup thats not a cab or arcade machine

Post by masqdgamer »

masqdgamer wrote:
systematic wrote:i've updated a bit. same old vizio screen.
systematic wrote:Image

vizio led on a TATEable stand. my friends and i have had many a late night drunken shmup/fight session in this room.
Ordered one of these stands.
The thing really is cool after getting it setup.
=)
vanillatortoise

Post by vanillatortoise »

When i'm not playing.
Paying something vertical on the lcd monitor.
Paying something vertical on the crt .
Some nice scanlines. : )

I've been playing mostly on the crt monitor, just because it looks more legit, particularly with the scanlines filter. The smaller lcd monitor isn't really used for gaming. I've got get myself one of those vga switches so I can change the video output betwen the two monitors.
The arcade stick is a regular mayflash one that will hopefully get modded with a seimitsu LS-40 and seimitsu buttons next month.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

laptop halfcabinet!!

By the way, nice to see the Astro City stick on the thread. I love the style for some reason, and I hope some day i can get one.
Einzelherz

Post by Einzelherz »

Are you guys on PCs running MAME type things for these semi modern verts?
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

Axelay

Post by Axelay »

Props for the imperial shuttle.

Face plate on your console is cool aswell !
Arms installation complete Good luck
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Einzelherz wrote:Are you guys on PCs running MAME type things for these semi modern verts?
Yes I am
St4rwalker

Post by St4rwalker »

Here we go:

"That’s because any rare Japanese shmup transaction that doesn’t find you waking up short a kidney in a bathtub of ice, is a bargain."
J-P

Post by J-P »

St4rwalker: 'tis a beautiful thing. Thinking of doing something similar one day.
Einzelherz wrote:Are you guys on PCs running MAME type things for these semi modern verts?
Yes - I run MAME into mine at 480p (31Khz) with integer scaling. I also play steam installs which scale fine down to 640x480 (Mushi/DeathSmiles/DDP Res/ Crimson Clover etc.).
Last edited by J-P on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svensonson

Post by svensonson »

I installed a small tate corner in my livingroom today since I do not have any space left in my playroom any longer. shit, I have to get rid of some stuff soon :D
ps2+iscan pro+emotia+bvm20f1e=240p goodness

Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Just bought that big 32" VA semi-glossy Full-HD monitor, it's a Samsung 32F351 (full name of mine is S32F351FUU) to replace the HP 27xw (27" IPS Full-HD) at my 'big lcd corner'.

It's not integrated to any of my setups yet, since I'm still in the middle of modifying my house which is a mess, but I couldn't resist trying it in tate right away.
Must say it's absolutely GORGEOUS, for 200~250 bucks it's really performing incredibly well, as responsive as VA's can be (I think that one's SVA/SPVA) superb contrast and deep blacks, pure/spotless glossiness with only a very, very light anti-glare, only 5ms lag (Leo Bodnar top bar)
I like it even more than my HP 27xw (which is still considered one of the best Full-HD IPS LCDs)

If you need a big one for a 'console corner' or big lcd tate setup for your 360 or whatever, that one's sure to please, the 4:3 area is roughly the size of a Japanese candy cab's crt.
100x100 VESA-mountable although depending on your stand/arm's strenght and lenght you might have to allow it to touch the stand's foot or desk to guarantee stability.
Only two HDMI inputs, that's it.
I have yet to confirm though, if it's FreeSync compatible or not, because I've read conflicting descriptions (I've ordered the 32F351H, which description specifies FreeSync, but received instead the 32F351FUU, which doesn't tell)
But even if it doesn't have FreeSync it's possible that I will keep it since it's so great.

EDIT: I'll write more about it later in a few weeks, after getting a FreeSync gpu and spent more time w/ it trying the OSSC etc.
EDIT2: forgot to update: it is NOT FreeSync compatible. Unbeliveable but the monitor's specs descriptions are wrong on about half of Samsung's very websites product pages around the world, I've checked, and the huge majority of the retailer's pages are wrong too as a consequence. Such incompetence by the very manufacturer of the product is insane but hey it's 2017 everyone sucks. Still a great glossy 60Hz Full-HD panel at just 200 bucks and even less now with the discounts. Not many monitors nor TVs look that good in that price range, so I still recommend it for basic console/emu play and even 'big' tate on a budget, it's also good for watching movies, with a decent generic rotating stand and a pair of active speakers in mind though.
Last edited by Xyga on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Nice set ups guys, some of the shit in here is insane. I'm usually too lazy, but next time I play Gunbird 2 I'll post something in here.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
JBueno MD

Post by JBueno MD »

Been lurking this thread for years, never bothered to post my setup as it is rather temporary (I´m renting a room). So here it goes, nothing too fancy, that´s a couple of Sony PVM 1910, and some VGA Acer monitor.

charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

finally got a rotatable vesa mount for my asus mame/ps4 screen.the pc is an old gaming pc i bought to play dayz mod 4 years ago and is probably a bit overkill for mame but it's deffo running smoother than any past pc i've used for mame

dak1

Post by dak1 »

Gif I made a while ago.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

I don't know how I missed this thread but I thought I would add my shmup set up here. Earlier this year I was able to get a wall mount for my tv that would let me do this.

GGA_HAN

Post by GGA_HAN »

I've got a monitor that has a rotation mechanism hooked up to my pc now, its a Dell model # U2414H 23.8” inch LED screen:

Recently I picked up a PVM and will be working that into my console and supergun setup soon, and that of course I can set on its side for some of the vertical PCB's I have like Contra.