Shmup List and Display Types

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Blade

Shmup List and Display Types

Post by Blade »

I thought I'd post this thread here as a handy reference for people to list their shmups display types for the sake of those of us who don't know or follow whether or not a shmup is displayable in Progressive Scan or not and what the Hz is.

Sticky it or Spam/Delete it as you wish. :wink:
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

You probably just want to ask "what shmups can play in progressive mode", as that is going to be a short defineable list. Everything else is made for 15khz.
elvis

Post by elvis »

I was going to start a list, but basically it boiled down to all the shooters I personally own on DC will do VGA, and all the shooters I personally own on PS2 do not.

At one stage I found a site with a complete list of GC games that supported 480p mode. I will try to find it again.
Blade

Post by Blade »

That reminds me, you said Ikaruga (I'm assuming for GC) supports Progressive Scan, how do you put it in that mode anyway? What's the button combination at startup? I know for some Playstation Games (Guilty Gear X2) you hold X+Triangle at startup....
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
japtor

Post by japtor »

iirc you hold down B when starting up, and itll put up some sort of 'do you want to use progressive scan' dialog. i think its a system setting, so any other proscan game should automatically start up with whatever mode you choose once you set it.
SAM

Post by SAM »

elvis wrote:I was going to start a list, but basically it boiled down to all the shooters I personally own on DC will do VGA, and all the shooters I personally own on PS2 do not.
Well, as I had mensioned in another thread, there are exceptions.

DC Gunbird 2 would not do VGA; while PS2 Shikigami no Shiro 2 (Japanese Version) have progressive scan mode.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
elvis

Post by elvis »

Heh... that'd be right... two games not in my collection are the exception. :)