PSX-to-DC / PSX-to-Saturn converters?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Skyline

PSX-to-DC / PSX-to-Saturn converters?

Post by Skyline »

After Friday, I'll be looking at the option of selling my un-modded DC stick and using the Tekken 5 HRAP for my DC instead. But even if that dosen't fall through and I decide to keep it, I'd like to be able to use the HRAP or my current Namco stick on the DC, and possibly for the Saturn as well, just for the sake of having two sticks available for Twinklestar Sprites matches and such..

So, any suggestions?

I hear a few of the lesser-end models have really shitty input lag..I'd liek to avoid that if possible. On the DC end, I'd like to know if there are any models which also feature a VMU slot (for those few picky games that only read from port A1 or A2)
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Shoryuken.com forum's hardware board has a lot of info on PS2 --> DC converters. Would be great if someone had information on a PS2 --> Saturn converter though.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

I picked up a PSX -> Saturn "Classics Converter" from Lik-Sang to use my Namco stick on Garegga and such... works great. No lag that I noticed, and though I don't know how the buttons map off the top of my head, I had no problems with button layout on the shmups I tried. I plan to eventually try the other versions for the SNES, TG-16, etc.

To Skyline, even with a good adapter, I'd hesitate to sell off the native DC stick. Just seems like a good thing to keep around; no matter how well an adapter works, it's still another link in the chain that may eventually fail...