Arcooda 32 inch Arcade Monitor 'no signal' with PS3 and PS4

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
s8n

Arcooda 32 inch Arcade Monitor 'no signal' with PS3 and PS4

Post by s8n »

hi members , I have a Arcooda 32 inch Arcade Monitor and when I connect one of my PS4s to it I get 'no signal'. PS3 shows a resolution message and the LED on the Control Board Lights green but won'tgo further than that. Anyone know what's up ?.

I have tried it with and without my Denon Receiver......no luck. BTW XBOX360 and my MAME PC works
emphatic

Re: Arcooda 32 inch Arcade Monitor 'no signal' with PS3 and

Post by emphatic »

Well, what resolutions does it support? If the 360 is set to 480p, then maybe that's the maximum the Arcooda can handle? Does PS3 support 480p?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
s8n

Post by s8n »

The Arcooda can handle up to 1080p , and my 360 dashboard picked it up no problemo. I just finished a test and ran my PS4 in Safe Mode and it's output was 576p or I........still didn't display an image. Next I reset my PS3s video and it was also at 576 , still no image.

https://www.arcooda.com/accessories/arc ... cade-ready
Triple Lei

Post by Triple Lei »

Are you positive your HDMI cables are plugged aaalllll the way in?

Sounds dumb, but this was the fix for me when I couldn't get a picture from my PS4 to display on my TV. It was only when I pushed the cable in real hard into my HDMI switcher that I got a picture. Most importantly, I didn't hear or feel anything pushing the cable in when I got a picture. It just worked when I did push.

I have to also note it was an old HDMI 1.4 cable because I didn't see any need to use my fancier 4K cables with my PS4. Maybe this is just how a "well-worn" HDMI 1.4 cable from Monoprice behaves after a little more than a decade.
s8n

Post by s8n »

thanks for the tips Lei , I just pushed the cables in real good and same behaviour. Also switched to another Blue Jeans high speed I have (so I've tried 2 cables)
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Maybe a HDCP problem ?

The PS3 forces HDCP onto the HDMI output. On the PS4 it's optional. Streaming services won't work if you disable it.
s8n

Post by s8n »

hi guys I'm back , Fudoh you nailed it. I disabled HDCP on my PS4 and tested it , simply it worked like a charm. As we know PS3 doesn't have that option so I bought a HDMI Splitter , that should bypass HDCP for that console. Really stoked guys thanks all for your input.
s8n

Post by s8n »

hi guys , just reporting that I got the HDMI Splitter and PS3 is now up and running as well.