Extron VSC 500 Screen Tearing - HELP!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neotokyo

Extron VSC 500 Screen Tearing - HELP!

Post by neotokyo »

I recently hooked up my PC to my PVM monitor (JVC TM-H140PN) using the Extron 500 scan convertor to play older games and watch anime etc, and although the picture quality is great, I've been plagued by screen tearing issues and can't for the life of me figure out how to solve it.

I've googled around thoroughly but information seems to be very scarce on this topic. Has anyone else experienced this or managed to figure out a solution?

The way I have things set up is PC> Tendak HDMI to VGA> Extron> S-video> Switch Box> PVM. The native resolution it outputs is 1024x768 at 60.004hz.

I've tried various different refresh rates and resolutions like 59hz and 640x480, Vsync on and off etc but none of this seem to make a difference.

The only thing I've had any luck with is fiddling with the horizontal and vertical sizing controls, by setting the numbers to different sizes which seems to have an impact on what type of tearing I get. It either makes the tearing roll up the screen or roll down it, or eliminates the tearing and replaces it with a 'judder' effect instead. None of which are ideal, obviously.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as I'm really starting to lose patience with it.

Thanks in advance!