HD Universal 1080 HDMI Ultimate by COOSIS - Audio input ID?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Rock Man

HD Universal 1080 HDMI Ultimate by COOSIS - Audio input ID?

Post by Rock Man »

Make no mistake, this is a low-tier converter that predates the Framemeister. Considering I didn't even know what an XRGB was at the time not to mention how expensive it was, the only other converters I kept finding, were the SCART to YUV adapters, incompatible with the display I used at the time.

Since then you guys have put me onto more viable solutions. After getting an XRGB-3, Framemeister, and the Tink 5 I figured I could part with the COOSIS converter. BTW if you didn't have the other 3 devices this converter was damn good! At least 6+ resolutions including 720p/1080p, S-Video and SCART, 4:3 and 16:9. The lag wasn't noticeable to me I was able to do my Leona air combo in KOF 2000 without issue whereas other converters I'd whiff that.

The only real Ls this thing takes are the faint interference lines in the back, subtle flickering, and the fact RetroRGB trashed a device just like this one in one of his upscaler roundups. Incidentally I spoke with a spokesperson for the company who made this device at the time. The device was finally ready for release, they wanted me to be among the first to stress test it. Don't know if this company is still around but I was excited when I bought it. Think it ran me nearly $200 at the time.

But enough reminiscing onto my inquiry! The S-Video portion has two whacky looking input jacks. At the time I picked up the corresponding cord for sound but I've since lost that cord. Now I completely forgot what type of cable it takes! Was hoping you fellas could help me identify what cable I need to buy so I can purchase it off ebay.

I mentioned earlier I was willing to part with this thing. I'm sending it to a friend of mine who lives in NY. Thing is he's always admired my RGB tech however he's too lazy to buy a scaler. He owns a Dreamcast, Saturn, 360 and all the new Playstations and Xboxes however he can't use his Sega S-Video cables on his 4k display because it lacks the input. He hasn't been able to play either of his Sega consoles for a decade due to lack of HD inputs. So I'm giving my this old ass converter.

Whats the cable I'll need for the audio on this converter? Pix below:
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
Fudoh

Re: HD Universal 1080 HDMI Ultimate by COOSIS - Audio input

Post by Fudoh »

3.5mm TRS to 2x female RCA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WQJMKFT
Rock Man

Post by Rock Man »

Fudoh wrote:3.5mm TRS to 2x female RCA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WQJMKFT
And this will work with S-Video input?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

the s-video port just carries video. For audio you use the TRS input.
Rock Man

Post by Rock Man »

Thank you