Gscartsw bad sound on a PVM?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Rock Man

Gscartsw bad sound on a PVM?

Post by Rock Man »

This problem is sooooooo confusing!

Okay, so I'd been using the gscartsw for a bit, ran into 2 problems. For one let me know if this is normal, when it's plugged into my PVM I get subtle interference/noise from the screen when it should be just black like the shinybow and otaku switch. Now the noise goes away once I turn something on. Turn on Saturn, Dreamcast, SNES and it goes away. Is this normal? I only ask because my other switchers don't do that.

2nd issue I'm having is sound. With all male SCART to BNC cables that I purchased from a reputable cable maker; I get too much base/unnatural scratchy audio! When I use a female SCART to BNC partnered with male to male SCART cable, this also gives me shit sound except for one male to male lead in my collection. Those same m2m scarts work on the other switchers. Is there something wrong with my gscartsw?

I don't get any of these issues when the gscart is connected to my HDTV only the PVM.

Opinions?
Rock Man

Re: Gscartsw bad sound on a PVM?

Post by Rock Man »

Any you guys can spare?
Gara

Post by Gara »

Who made your various cables? You get audio interference on all your output cables except for 1 m2m scart and a female scart to bnc cable? If all but that one configuration doesn't work then you know the other cables are junk.

As for the audio buzz when consoles are off. Is your PVM and gscartsw all connected to the same outlet? If not then try connecting it all to one outlet. Could he some kind of grounding issue. If you unplug the output Scart cable from your gscartsw while it's still connected to your PVM does the audio noise stop?

I don't know how warranty is handled since you bought from Superg, but you might try Castlemania support if you can't figure out what's going on. They are the ones who are supposed to be handling it all these days.
Rock Man

Post by Rock Man »

Gara wrote:Who made your various cables? You get audio interference on all your output cables except for 1 m2m scart and a female scart to bnc cable? If all but that one configuration doesn't work then you know the other cables are junk.

As for the audio buzz when consoles are off. Is your PVM and gscartsw all connected to the same outlet? If not then try connecting it all to one outlet. Could he some kind of grounding issue. If you unplug the output Scart cable from your gscartsw while it's still connected to your PVM does the audio noise stop?

I don't know how warranty is handled since you bought from Superg, but you might try Castlemania support if you can't figure out what's going on. They are the ones who are supposed to be handling it all these days.
I bought the Scartbnc cable from Wookiewin https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sc ... 4084.l1313

The make to males came from switchers I can accept if they're garbage (even though they worked perfectly no noise with other switchers). The thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is 2 of the above sellers cables work but the other 2 don't even though they have the same parts basically. I was also lead to believe he makes good cables.

I'll try eyeballing the TV while unplugging output from the gscartsw! See if I get noise. Question, you think it's the power plug? I plugged it in pretty snuggly. I took a picture of it so you could tell me for sure.

EDIT: To answer your question, I unplugged output from the gscart. The noise goes away.

Also I did contact support. Waiting to hear back