iScan Duo VP30 no video

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
RichMouthfeel

iScan Duo VP30 no video

Post by RichMouthfeel »

Hello! First time poster. I need help with my VP30, and I’m so happy I found some other users in this forum!
I have been using it for a while now with a couple HDMI consoles and a couple of Component consoles, but recently I lost any video output from the HDMI. It powers up and I can flip through the menu on the LED screen, but I cannot see the menu on the TV. (1080p plasma) If I unplug the hdmi from the Vp30, the tv changes to “No Cable Connected”. Plug it back in and it says No Signal. When I mess with some settings, sometimes I can get a messed up image to show up on the TV, but it’s pink and garbled. I can tell the menu is there, but can barely read it.
I’ve tried factory restoring but I get “No Signal” upon completion.
Firmware is 1.14

Just curious if anyone has seen this? Is there something I can try? Is there a history of the hdmi out breaking? I’d be sad to just call it “dead”.
Thanks so much in advance!
jd213

Re: iScan Duo VP30 no video

Post by jd213 »

PSU maybe:
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/help-p ... 0.1078456/

If not that, maybe open it up and check for bad solder joints, that was a problem on the VP50 at least.
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35153
RichMouthfeel

Post by RichMouthfeel »

Thanks so much for the reply. I read the first link and tried some of those things to no avail. Then I took it apart to check the solder joints and this thing is pristine! It looks brand new! So I don’t know what’s going on. I also brought it into a different room, Connected it to a different tv (monitor actually) with a brand new hdmi and still have no video. Head scratcher.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

years back the included power supplies have been failing high and low. There was a time when you were able to get pretty cheap replacement PSUs via eBay. Certainly worth a try, especially since the VP30 has some rather reasonable specs (6V, 5A I think), while the VP50 and 50pro upped those specs to 6 and 7A respectively, which made it much harder to find replacements.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Cheap replacements are now on Amazon.

PK Power AC Adapter for DVDO iScan VP20 VP30 VP50 Video Processor DC Charger Power Supply https://a.co/d/iqBoDYb

Not sure if I completley trust that one as it does not list the voltage and ampacity rating, but searching for 6v 5a psu's, I see them for around $15. I got mine off ebay a few years back and was pretty happy to find it for around $25, considering official replacements were something like $50 at the time.

But yeah when my psu failed and I had to get that $25 replacement, the vp30 would still show partial signs of life but no video or reliable operation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk