Good Component switch box for PS2+Wii ?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Legi0n

Good Component switch box for PS2+Wii ?

Post by Legi0n »

I have a GBSC unit and I want to connect both my Wii and PS2 consoles to the GBSC...I also have Retrovision cables for Wii+PS2 and the Retrovision Component cable.

Some PS2 games output in 240p....the switcher I am looking at only accepts 480i/p, 720p and 1080i...

It looks like a good switcher but the fact that it doesn't support 240p is a deal breaker..

Now I am considering to get this mechanical switcher … Will it work properly ? it should be compatible with 240p ? Does it affect picture quality ?
NoAffinity

Re: Good Component switch box for PS2+Wii ?

Post by NoAffinity »

It's mostly about bandwidth. If it can do 480i and above, itll do 240p.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Legi0n

Post by Legi0n »

Are you sure ? because some people in the amazon reviews say that it cant do 240p ?
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Legi0n wrote:Are you sure ? because some people in the amazon reviews say that it cant do 240p ?
Then why'd you ask here?

If that's true I'd love to hear the theory behind why that is.

That aside, I can recommend the C2G component matrix. A bit pricier but a very nice and functional piece of equipment that does everything up to 1080p (havent tested beyond).

https://www.cablestogo.com/c/6x2-compon ... p/cg-40697

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Guile

Post by Guile »

I've tried quite a few component switchers and I have the unpowered one in your second link. It works fine for 240p and up, I don't notice any quality issues.

The C2G 6x2 one is also very good, its convenient to have the remote. They also have a 3x1 version if you definitely won't need more than 3 sources.

A decent cheap option is the Dynex DX-CVS4, it's 4x1 and also has a remote. Quality looks fine to me and it handles 240p and up.