PVM-2030 RGB cable with BNC connectors?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
deezdrama

PVM-2030 RGB cable with BNC connectors?

Post by deezdrama »

Just recently aquired a pvm 2030, I try to avoid scart when I can since I output RGB from mister via BNC, all my pvm's are bnc, and I use bnc with my extron and rgb modded consumer crt's......so...... I would like a rgb cable for my 2030 that uses bnc.
The monitor came with a db25 to scart cable, and I have a scart to bnc cable but both scart heads on these cables are female so would need a male scart to male scart socket coupler, but that just seems like alot of unnecessary connection points.

Anyone build,buy, or modify a db25 to bnc cable for there pvm2030?
Is it as easy as finding the pinout, soldering bnc connectors to the end of a db25 cable?
Gara

Re: PVM-2030 RGB cable with BNC connectors?

Post by Gara »

Wookieewin, who sells various CRT related cables on Ebay was kind enough to make me a custom BNC to DB25 cable to use with my Extron gear. I'll pass along his email in a PM if you want to give him a try.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/wookieewin

I don't think Retro Access has the DB25 plugs to build with... I know Retro Gaming Cables UK does, but they don't normally do custom works. It might be worth checking with them if you strike out elsewhere.
HDgaming42

Post by HDgaming42 »

I swear to god I saw a post about a PCB to go directly from Sony CMPTR DB25 to HD15 but can't locate it. Was it a fever dream?

My custom cable broke (even with strain relief) and I mangled two connectors trying to redo it. Sadly I think my days of soldering anything that close together are behind me. Screw down terminals for me going forward. :cry:
deezdrama

Post by deezdrama »

HDgaming42 wrote:I swear to god I saw a post about a PCB to go directly from Sony CMPTR DB25 to HD15 but can't locate it. Was it a fever dream?

My custom cable broke (even with strain relief) and I mangled two connectors trying to redo it. Sadly I think my days of soldering anything that close together are behind me. Screw down terminals for me going forward. :cry:
I seen a pic of a 2030 with a bnc plate on the back before... Wonder if its the same deal your talking about.

Found it on a $275 pvm 2030 local to me.... Hmmmmmm