How do you guys keep track of your tools and parts?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Hoagtech

How do you guys keep track of your tools and parts?

Post by Hoagtech »

I'm looking for a hopefully software method of assigning parts to compartment coordinates.

Lets say you have a RGB2COMP and you want to assign it to a compartment that is labeled. (EX: Bay C2)

Is there software that can assign and index something to a designated compartment?

So instead of digging around every drawer. I could label the tool and then bring up a search to see where its supposed to be?

I'm consolidating a warehouse of arcade and RGB equipment and would love to process each part so I can find it later.

I would love to hear of categorial software for assigning items to locations if anyone uses them.
Copyright 1987
Gara

Re: How do you guys keep track of your tools and parts?

Post by Gara »

I'd also be interested in a good solution for this. I've been using a label maker and just manually entering the data into plain text with Google Keep. That way I can quickly reference it with multiple devices and search through my various totes and drawers for what I have. Having a complete inventory system would be pretty cool.
Lord of Pirates

Post by Lord of Pirates »

https://partkeepr.org/

I've never used it but it looks like it fits the bill. They have demo versions up for you to try without installing anything.

You can always use a logbook if you can't find a software solution that will work for you.
stuntman

Post by stuntman »

Great idea, I only wish I could be so organized. I can imagine me with multiple projects on the go, opening a box/compartment only to find it empty, then trying to remember where I used the required item last!
Don't bomb. DON'T BOMB.
Damn! Should have bombed.
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

Lord of Pirates wrote:https://partkeepr.org/

I've never used it but it looks like it fits the bill. They have demo versions up for you to try without installing anything.

You can always use a logbook if you can't find a software solution that will work for you.
Thanks LotP

I cant wait to to try that and start my compartment labeling.

Ill let you guys know how it works
Copyright 1987