Help With CRT Replacement Parts

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TetsuoXLI

Help With CRT Replacement Parts

Post by TetsuoXLI »

I just recently picked up a Magnavox TV from someones curb. I was doing a little searching online and discovered this website:

https://partstore.encompass.com/model/MAG23MT2336%7C17

I talked with a representative and they said that indeed these parts are legit and will be back in stock soon. This all seems very suspicious. Parts for a 15 year old TV?
The model I got was the Magnavox 23MT2336/17. The parts on this website don't have pictures so I'm not exactly sure what part is what. (I am planning on replacing the housing)

Do you think this is some kind of missunderstanding and they don't actually sell these parts?
gray117

Re: Help With CRT Replacement Parts

Post by gray117 »

yes and no ... many look like generic electrical components so those will probably be available. Some may never get in stock. And yeah they probably don't really know or care about a general question to chase up a stock notices. But yeah first identifying which parts you want to replace will be the thing and comparing it to that list.

I think you'll be out of luck for something like the housing unfortunately, even IF that is listed specifically... I'd presume probably out of luck for anything related to flyback-transformer/tube/pcb/chips ... but it would be lovely to be proven wrong.
TetsuoXLI

Re: Help With CRT Replacement Parts

Post by TetsuoXLI »

Yeah, after I called they went in and changed everything to "unavailable". Thanks for the help though.