N64RGB v2 horizontal ghosting

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
wn1999

N64RGB v2 horizontal ghosting

Post by wn1999 »

I installed the N64RGB v2 board, but I’m getting a weird ghosting effect all over the screen.

I have tried using the original composite video or csync from the board as my sync, but the same problem occurs. I also have installed a voltage regulator with no success.

I am using a PAL N64 with the DENC-NUS chip. The board is configured to use a SNES rgb cable. I have tried using multiple RGB cables with still the same problem. I use a OSSC as an upscaler.

Images can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/n64/comments/x ... 2_ghosting

I hope someone has an idea what I did wrong
Gunstar

Re: N64RGB v2 horizontal ghosting

Post by Gunstar »

Hmm, what's the LPF set to on the OSSC? try changing that to see if it helps. I've seen ghosting like this with a bad cable on a PS2 but you've already tried multiple different SCARTs

EDIT: I don't think that checkerboarding is right, this thread might have the solution for that (seems to be sync related)
wn1999

Re: N64RGB v2 horizontal ghosting

Post by wn1999 »

The issue has been resolved.

It was a sync problem. I needed to use a proper csync RGB cable instead of a simple SNES rgb cable with sync on composite video and I needed to put csync on pin 3. Since I want to preserve the composite video, this was the only way to do it properly.