CRT wont give a picture!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Fernan

CRT wont give a picture!

Post by Fernan »

Hello everybody I recently bought a pretty nice old Philips CRT television from the late 70s - early 1980s for about 25 euros, when looking at the picture below, you would possibly think that it is just your standard UHF - VHF tv, but actually it has a few more tricks up its sleeve:

It actually has separate composite video and audio connections, and below that an EIAJ - 8 connector for presumably even more video standards! This is how it came straight from Philips and why I think it's pretty rare!

Unfortunately though, the monitor/tv does not work, when I power it on I dont get a picture at all, not even the static white noise, not even the heater on the tube was glowing, I could hear a ticking noise however so there was some sort of life in it, I took the monitor apart to see if I could see where that ticking noise came from, but I did not see anything that was shorting or anything

So If anyone has any idea what that ticking sound might be, any help and tips would be greatly appreciated and I would really want to give this monitor a second life

I have also put this topic on the lemon64 forum where I also have pictures of the motherboard, the topic is the same name as on this forum