Ikegami TM20-20R fault.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
thegreathopper

Ikegami TM20-20R fault.

Post by thegreathopper »

Just picked up this monitor but have the following mage, I tried with a couple of sources but the same image with the stripe.

The OSD shows fine and in that stripe, any ideas? Thanks..

Fight war not wars
fernan1234

Re: Ikegami TM20-20R fault.

Post by fernan1234 »

Pull out the control tray in the front. There's probably an HV Delay option button in there that has been enabled.

You should also press down those knobs on the front so you can see the values set in the menu, those knobs are just to make ad-hoc changes on the fly.
thegreathopper

Post by thegreathopper »

Thanks for the tips, I will give it a try and update. I just ordered some 75 Ohm terminators to see if that would help, I have 2 connections on RGB and Sync.
Fight war not wars
thegreathopper

Post by thegreathopper »

Yippee! Yes you were right, it was the delay switch causing the issue. What a superb image on this screen.

Now just 1 last question Fernan…. What does the No Burst Warning mean?

Thanks again :D

Fight war not wars
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

thegreathopper wrote:Now just 1 last question Fernan…. What does the No Burst Warning mean?
That's related to composite video. Not an issue. There may be a setting in the menu you can change that relates to this, but again it's not relevant for RGB, etc. The manual may also mention something about it.
thegreathopper

Post by thegreathopper »

fernan1234 wrote:
thegreathopper wrote:Now just 1 last question Fernan…. What does the No Burst Warning mean?
That's related to composite video. Not an issue. There may be a setting in the menu you can change that relates to this, but again it's not relevant for RGB, etc. The manual may also mention something about it.

Great and Thanks again. :D
Fight war not wars
matt

Post by matt »

No Burst means that there's no color burst in the video signal. That's normal, since it's only present on composite video - its purpose is to synchronize the oscillator to decode the color information. The light will always be on if you're using component or RGB, since those signal types do not use it.

You should get 75 ohm terminators for all your inputs. Ikegami didn't use auto-terminating connectors on most of their monitors. The picture will get blown out on bright images and might trigger the overload warning.

I picked up one of these monitors recently. It's an amazing display.