Automatic 10-ports SCART switch review - Best for budget!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
VEGETA

Automatic 10-ports SCART switch review - Best for budget!

Post by VEGETA »

Hello

there is the review:

https://youtu.be/3oDhDZKFzc0

I hope people benefit from this as I did, I really recommend this one as shown in the technical review.

get it here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004300273099.html -> it is available from other sources as well.

please share the video to everyone... we need more testers of new retro gaming devices which are affordable.
muggsy

Re: Automatic 10-ports SCART switch review - Best for budget

Post by muggsy »

Thanks for the review.. it looks like a good option

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Great review, thank you for this!

A couple questions:
1) is it possible to output via euro scart and rca connectors at the same time without image degradation?
2) is there any sync cleaning included?

I got a aliexpress 6-in-2-out for these very features. The "2 out" is 2 euro scart outputs and 1 rca output, and I use one of each. The sync cleaning is also necessary in my setup with a ypbpr transcoder in the output chain that doesnt play well with a couple sync on luma sources. The switch I have, however, introduces some mild interference. It's not terrible, but could be better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

NoAffinity wrote:Great review, thank you for this!

A couple questions:
1) is it possible to output via euro scart and rca connectors at the same time without image degradation?
2) is there any sync cleaning included?

I got a aliexpress 6-in-2-out for these very features. The "2 out" is 2 euro scart outputs and 1 rca output, and I use one of each. The sync cleaning is also necessary in my setup with a ypbpr transcoder in the output chain that doesnt play well with a couple sync on luma sources. The switch I have, however, introduces some mild interference. It's not terrible, but could be better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
well:

1- I don't have enough monitors to test this features, but I took signals from RCA jacks into the oscilloscope while it is working and found no interference. Yes it is not like fully loading but still can be indicative. if you find a way to do this via OSSC please inform me.

2- I don't see any extra circuitry. plus what type of cleaning are you talking about? sync stripping and so on?
my setup as explained in the video is getting scart rgb from consoles then to the switch then to rgb2comp converter and after that to the CRT. I find 0 problems with this, no sync issue or any issue. using the switch with ossc is also without a problem using scart rgb.

if you inform me on some testing procedure with my setup and equipment, I will gladly do it for you. no problem.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I hope this video gets into retrorgb weekly show, will really boost it up and gets the review to many people.
polpo

Post by polpo »

Thanks for the in depth review, Vegeta. Based on your review I've purchased a similar switch based on this design that only differs in that it has two European SCART outputs. I have one output going to an RGB2COMP and the other to a GBS-Control.

It's working very well with all of my systems except the Neo-Geo CD with my homemade cable, which it is not automatically switching to. The cable is wired with sync on luma and but with no other signals but R, G, B, and audio. I'm wondering if there are any other signals like putting voltage on the blanking pin I can try to convince the switch to switch to the NGCD's input. I don't think it's an issue with sync on luma, as my PS1 SCART cable is wired for sync on luma.