CRT TV RGB Mod Project for Sanyo DS24205

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Elixir Alex

CRT TV RGB Mod Project for Sanyo DS24205

Post by Elixir Alex »

I'm working on starting a YouTube channel and I want my first video to be of me modding my old CRT TV for RGB input. I've been viewing 8-Bit Guy's and Ryan Bates' videos on the same subject as well as the notes from that first video and the service manual for my TV...as well as the service manual for the wrong TV until I realized my mistake.

I'll probably be able to get it figured out in the end but I figured I should visit this place since it seems to be the best place to learn about this mod.

Here's the schematic I'm looking at (WARNING: HUGE IMAGE! 10353x7589 pixels. 3.49 MB):

Ignore the incorrect model and chassis number. This is, in fact, from the service manual for my TV which has the chassis number of "24205-00".

Something I noticed in this new schematic is that it doesn't have the resistors that split off the RGB lines to ground, nor the capacitors that was between the OSD Microprocessor and the "Jungle Chip". the board diagram still has the spots for the resistors but are simply unused.

I made a simplified version of the relevant parts of the schematic:
Along with how I intend to modify it.

I believe the main thing I need to figure out are the resistors between the external RGB input and the RGB lines. the data sheet says the RGB in pins on the jungle chip should be taking 0.1 volts. I think I probably should look into making sure the blanking line isn't getting too much voltage.

Input would be appreciated, I just want to make sure I'm not messing something up so far.

Mod Edit: Huge Images.
Edit (by OP): Thanks for fixing it, I'll rework it into a clickable smaller image and will make sure to preview a post before posting from now on... and I probably should have placed it in the already established thread.

I am currently working on testing it to make sure it's analog due to it missing caps and resistors... however it appears to be the same jungle chip than an older tv with those parts does have. So that's interesting.
Elixir Alex

Re: CRT TV RGB Mod Project for Sanyo DS24205

Post by Elixir Alex »

when I tried to mess with it it either had no difference or didn't turn on. honestly I think I'll wait until another time to do this project.
Osirus

Re: CRT TV RGB Mod Project for Sanyo DS24205

Post by Osirus »

Have a look at this, similar model with same jungle chip from what I can see. Mentions that the OSD grounding resistors are R842, R843, and R844 and that they are not shown in the service manual schematic.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66379