S-video Mod - Toshiba/Orion MV13L2

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
DirtyHerby

S-video Mod - Toshiba/Orion MV13L2

Post by DirtyHerby »

Hello all,

Allow me to preface, I'm new to CRT mods. I've never had SVideo before. So I'd like to try it. I thought a lot of these combo units used Y/C for the VHS but after purchase i learned they use composite. I couldn't find a small curved set with SVideo

I have a MV13L2 that I would like to mod for S-Video. IHowever, I'm having a bit of trouble decoding the manual for the appropriate pins. I see "TV/Y In". I would like a bit of help on the best places to tap the signal for Chroma/Luma/Y/C/Gnd.
Chroma/If screenshot of IC below.(I'll have to find a hosting site)

Its not a standalone Jungle, would this mod still be possible? I see it has RGB in, I'm guessing its all digital?

I'm guessing the usual .1 cap and 75 ohm resistor in the signal?

Also, I need a replacement IR for the TV. I searched and found the Digikey replacement by P/N and it was 300. Is anyone able to determine a replacement for a real price? I have a spare Funai, how interchangeable are IR sensors? Check polarity and height and good to go?
DirtyHerby

Re: S-video Mod - Toshiba/Orion MV13L2

Post by DirtyHerby »

Progress on the IR. I found the pinouts but searching by P/N yields no current results. Does the signal hertz have to match perfectly? Can anyone school me on searching through TSOPs?
Pin 1, pulsating output
Pin 2, vcc
Pin 3, GND.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

you can just post links to the datasheet for the jungle and the service manual for the TV. Then tell us what pages to look at.
DirtyHerby

Post by DirtyHerby »

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/23928 ... =46#manual
^
Page 46, for the Chroma/if section. On the SVideo mod question.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/23928 ... =63#manual
^ this, page 63, has the "remote receiver" that im looking to find a replacement for.

I'm planning to re-cap this spring and wanted to revisit this topic since I'll have it open.

Thank you for taking the time to review and help out!