Playing NDS games through Wii U on CRT

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
RebeL9

Playing NDS games through Wii U on CRT

Post by RebeL9 »

I’ve read that Wii U is a good way to play Nintendo DS games. I have two Sony BVM 20F1E. Would it be possible to let the Wii U output the two DS screens to each of those monitors? How would one go about to configure it that way?
So the top screen outputs to CRT 1 and the game pad touch screen outputs to CRT 2. That would be a blast!

I know that there are other ways such as using a PC with a specific graphic card but I want a solution that doesn’t require a PC. Neither can I afford a Nitro system.
It’s a bummer that there isn’t a good consolized solution for the NDS.
Guile

Re: Playing NDS games through Wii U on CRT

Post by Guile »

On a Wii U you only have the option to have both DS screens on the main screen in various configurations or have either DS screen on the gamepad. This makes it pretty hard to set each DS screen independently on a crt, you'd need a scaler with picture controls like a multiviewer to crop each screen out and display it on each crt, it doesn't really seem worth it for the trouble.

You can easily display the top DS screen on a crt and use the gamepad for the bottom screen and touch input, that seems like the best option in my opinion.

If you really want to have both screens on a crt then I do think using an emulator on a pc is the best option for that.