GCDual Question

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lopenator

GCDual Question

Post by Lopenator »

Hey everyone. Something a little weird is going on now. I use to play my GC on my LG OLED with my GCDual. I brought it downstairs for a month to use on my basement TV. Yesterday I decided to play on my OLED again. My OLED is not picking up any signal from GCDual anymore. Everything else on the OLED via HDMI works fine including N64Digital.

Things I have tried

1. confirmed the GCDual works on other TV's and monitors via HDMI.

2. tried different HDMI cables

3. tried other devices in the OLED's HDMI ports

4. tried using different HDMI ports in the OLED

5. I have now tried using my GC on another LG OLED television without success.

It seems it works on all other TV's but not on my OLED anymore. The changes that were made was an LG OTA firmware update and I believe a Swiss update as well although I can't imagine how a swiss update would cause there to be no signal. Any idea's why it would randomly not work on a TV anymore?

Edit: Today I drove to my brothers house to try my GC on his OLED. It does not work on his OLED either. Both my brother and I have taken the latest OLED firmware update. I have a feeling LG did something in their update that is preventing the GCDual from working. The GCDual works on literally every panel I throw at it. It used to work on the OLED.
Syntax

Re: GCDual Question

Post by Syntax »

Change to or from Enhanced DVI mode?
darcagn

Post by darcagn »

Which LG OLED? They make more than one. ;)

I actually just bought an LG C1 OLED and a new receiver last month and never tried my GCDual on it yet. So I just tested and it works fine in my chain:
GCDual 3.0e -> miniHDMI adapter -> HDMI cable -> Monoprice 8x1 HDMI switch -> HDMI cable -> Pioneer VSX-LX305 -> 65" LG C1 OLED with 03.25.25 firmware (latest)

I do need to update my GCDual firmware though. And I did note that the colors get screwed up if I bring up the OSD and I have to mess with the Digital Color Format setting to get them to be normal again.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

I just tried the GC with DVI mode off because it was enabled and it did not work on the OLED. It works with it off and on on my other TV.

My OLED is OLED65BXPUA on firmware 04.35.30 the latest. I am not using a miniHDMI adapter. Straight cable from the GC to the TV. My GCVideo is 3.1.

I can't figure out what's going on here.

EDIT: I have solved the issue. I resoldered the 5v rail on the QSB and now the OLED picks up the signal. I guess every other panel doesn't need the 5v signal to be there. As for why it USED to work, this I cannot explain. Maybe it was a weak joint and eventually the connection gave out? I don't know.