Any tips on importing Vewlix (Clone) cabinets from China?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SuperSpongo

Any tips on importing Vewlix (Clone) cabinets from China?

Post by SuperSpongo »

Greetings,

I'm toying with the idea of buying one or two Vewlix/Chewlix cabinets for myself. Unfortunately, there is not that much choice in Europe. There's shadaloo.eu with original Vewlix which I personally find a tad too expensive. There's a guy in the UK currently selling original Vewlix cabs, but I fear that Brexit is going to turn the whole process into a nightmare.

I wouldn't mind buying a clone cabinet from Alibaba/Aliexpress/Taobao. There's a dropship tablet seller who sells from Spain and has empty Vewlix cabs for 800€ with low shipping (40€). I tried contacting the seller if he'd be willing to import fully equipped cabinets, but it doesn't seem to work from my mobile device or a browser (I think that's an error on Aliexpress's side..).

So I'm thinking about organising a group buy of Clone cabs from China, but I haven't done anything of that scope yet. Does anybody have any pointers?
Stan

Re: Any tips on importing Vewlix (Clone) cabinets from China

Post by Stan »

RKLOK was importing cabs in the past:
www.rklok.nl
SuperSpongo

Post by SuperSpongo »

Thanks for the tip! I found him too on a forum post I think. His ebay shop does not have any Vewlix cabs at the moment, sadly.

But I'm currently trying to cut out a middle man altogether to get the group-buy price down as much as possible. I hope that this is not considered asking for secrets of the trade, but the way I see it right now, there's nobody doing imports in Germany period.
SuperSpongo

Post by SuperSpongo »

Quick update, I asked the spanish dude if he was able to get full cabinets in my desired colors. Sadly, he said no. But if anybody is interested in a blue and white clone, check out his site:

theoutlettablet (dot) com

Build quality seems somewhat cheaper than the other clones and the control panel has a slightly different design.
Stan

Post by Stan »

SuperSpongo wrote:Thanks for the tip! I found him too on a forum post I think. His ebay shop does not have any Vewlix cabs at the moment, sadly.

Try to contact him directly about the cabs.
I was on his news letter for some time and he was selling cabs regularly.
SuperSpongo

Post by SuperSpongo »

Sounds good, I'll drop him a line. Thanks again!
donluca

Post by donluca »

I can vouch for Ronnie (RKLOK).

Great guy, I bought my Astro City cab from him and it was a great experience. Everything went smooth and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Make sure to write to him directly though, that's the best way to know what he has in stock.
SuperSpongo

Post by SuperSpongo »

Thanks! :idea: