Help with weird flash in Trinitron CRT

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
MisterSPC700

Help with weird flash in Trinitron CRT

Post by MisterSPC700 »

Hi. I recently bought a Sony trinitron KV-34FS200, I opened it to clean it as I usually do, applied grease to the anode cap, everything seemed fine and worked fine. But yesterday as I was playing, it began to show a “flash” in the bottom part of the screen along with a little “pop” sound. It only lasts less than a second and it happens at random times. Anyone has a clue of what could be?
Here’s a video of the problem. Thanks.
https://imgur.com/a/jYTgqwg
MisterSPC700

Re: Help with weird flash in Trinitron CRT

Post by MisterSPC700 »

So no one has any idea I guess.
Dreamcazman

Re: Help with weird flash in Trinitron CRT

Post by Dreamcazman »

I did see you post before, but I'm not a CRT expert so didn't chime in.

It's a bit hard to tell what it could be unless you've come across the exact problem before.

If it's any consolation, I had an issue with my Trinitron when on first turn on, the picture is like half brightness, then after 1-2mins, the full brightness would kick in. Replaced most of the caps, no real difference. Then last night it died for good I think, turns on, the back into standby, 2 blink error. Could be any number of components, a few I will check when I have time.

I don't really use it anyway, so not going to bother spending anything else on it. I picked it up cheap as I wanted to do an RGB mod, that was a success so I'm happy enough.