*NEW* CRT-C® – Crosspoint RESPONSIVE Touchscreen-Control

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dochartaigh

Re: *NEW* CRT-C® – Crosspoint RESPONSIVE Touchscreen-Control

Post by Dochartaigh »

coderkind wrote:Dochartaigh, would you happen to know what the latest firmware for the Crosspoint Ultra series was? I've just finished the first part of your instructions (spot-on and really helpful, thank you), and noticed my Crosspoint Ultra is on firmware 1.07. I think you need an Extron Insider account to download any updates though?
Try the Extron DVD on Archive.org - should have literally every model.

coderkind wrote:A quick question on the SVG stuff; was it that the Extron wouldn't serve svgs, or wouldn't allow you to upload them? Because I see the web interface doesn't allow for selecting .svg files (think the JavaScript in the page prevents it), but I think there's other ways of uploading files to the Crosspoint (the Windows app)?
You can upload them via Windows program or the Extron web interface. As soon as you link to a .SVG file in a webpage, and view that webpage, there is NO image/graphic displayed there (no matter what content type it's set as, no matter what browser on what device). .PNG and .JPG work fine.

Don't get hung-up on .SVG's as I did, they're really not needed with the screen sizes you'll use this on. I can load all 8x different templates I include in this tutorial, with their .PNG graphics, and they STILL fit in my Crosspoints super small storage space. .SVG's really aren't that much smaller than .PNG's tbh (even the larger 1200+ pixel ones I'm using). And again, linking to external sources for whatever graphics you want is literally changing the URL - super simple.
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Yep; thanks.

I was more wondering about the web capabilities of the Crosspoints, rather than getting hung up on SVG support. If they don't support SVGs, what else might they not do (for future pottering about with)?
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Had a play putting this on my HDMI switch and needed to make some new images for MiSTer, Retrotink and a few others.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzjTt7 ... sp=sharing

Figured out how to have both my SMX VGA and DSP HDMI matrix on the same page and change to 4x5

I recommend making the IP of your Extrons static, do this by choosing the auto setting still, but then deselect it, change the last number of the IP to something high like 80, and make sure to delete and reinsert the last number of each other IP setting before you press TAKE or else the other settings default for some reason..

If you connect a few Extron to the one page like I have when you click on a function that isn't hosted on the Extron you are currently browsing from then it will still work but redirect you to that Extrons config page.

To circumvent this host the page on all Extron units and include their static IP in the paths. It will switch seamlessly between units.

Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

Syntax wrote:Had a play putting this on my HDMI switch and needed to make some new images for MiSTer, Retrotink and a few others.

Figured out how to have both my SMX VGA and DSP HDMI matrix on the same page and change to 4x5

Glad you're getting use out of it!

And yes, CRT-C is essentially just using HTML links which can point to any device which can take commands over a webpage (even telenet binary/hex-type commands if compatible). My earlier teaser showing how I use CRT-C to center the image with an Extron RGB 203 Rxi is a good example of controlling 2x Extron devices at once. Have it currently hooked up controlling a TVOne Corio2 240p scaler and an Extron DSC 301 HD as well now (and some other Extron devices - mostly with an Extron IP Link box for more physical RS232/485 connections though as not everything has ethernet).

Still working on batch commands and things like making repetitive command strings easier if anybody is good at coding (had a couple people volunteer to work on it, but it was never finished).
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Syntax wrote:Had a play putting this on my HDMI switch and needed to make some new images for MiSTer, Retrotink and a few others.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzjTt7 ... sp=sharing
Nice work!
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Dochartaigh wrote:My earlier teaser showing how I use CRT-C to center the image with an Extron RGB 203 Rxi is a good example of controlling 2x Extron devices at once.
Can the 203 do sizing as well? Depending on the input, my CRT monitor can display a full-screen image or black narrow bars down the vertical sides - it's a pain to manually adjust when switching inputs.
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Potentially silly question (but I've done a search for it and can't find the answer). Does anyone know what the "config" port does on the front of my Extron Crosspoint Ultra? It looks like a 3.5mm jack. The official page for the device (https://www.extron.com/product/crosspointultra128) doesn't feature it in the product photos, so I'm wondering what it does and what accessories might be used with it.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

coderkind wrote:
Dochartaigh wrote:My earlier teaser showing how I use CRT-C to center the image with an Extron RGB 203 Rxi is a good example of controlling 2x Extron devices at once.
Can the 203 do sizing as well? Depending on the input, my CRT monitor can display a full-screen image or black narrow bars down the vertical sides - it's a pain to manually adjust when switching inputs.
Nothing to my knowledge can adjust width/height size like that (that isn't also a scaler-esque type device which can add lag and is meant for up/down scaling).

coderkind wrote:Potentially silly question (but I've done a search for it and can't find the answer). Does anyone know what the "config" port does on the front of my Extron Crosspoint Ultra? It looks like a 3.5mm jack.
You can read in the manual about the "Front Panel Configuration Port". Isn't much use with CRT-C since I believe it uses Extron's "SIS" command language only (and not the internet-based interface like CRT-C uses).
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

coderkind wrote:Potentially silly question (but I've done a search for it and can't find the answer). Does anyone know what the "config" port does on the front of my Extron Crosspoint Ultra? It looks like a 3.5mm jack. The official page for the device (https://www.extron.com/product/crosspointultra128) doesn't feature it in the product photos, so I'm wondering what it does and what accessories might be used with it.
Its just a front access to the serial coms port, and its not 3.5mm, its smaller
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Thanks, both.

If it's a front port for serial access, then it'd be useful to hook up with Extron's PC app still (to change inputs without reaching around the back of the unit), but finding a cable for it isn't easy. Spotted one on AliExpress but it's about twice the price as a db9 cable I've got working via the back port (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1).
ElBartoME

Post by ElBartoME »

First of all: Thanks Dochartaigh for the awesome project. I bought an IPL T S1 a while ago to test CRT-C with my Crosspoint 300 series. I finally got around to try it.

I have hooked up 8 monitors to my matrix and would like to change the input on the fly without using presets. For this I decided to modify your files a bit.

I took the control16.html (8 inputs, 8 outputs) and added a bit of CSS and Javascript. The design is not final and could use some refinement. This is what it looks like now:

The top two rows are for the inputs and the bottom two rows for the output (disregard the logos on the bottom. I didn't make new logos yet so I just used the ones that came with CRT-C). When you load the page it will ask the matrix for the current configuration and will colour the bottom boxes according to the input chosen. The top eight boxes always have the same colour. So the current chosen configuration is: input 1 is connected to all the outputs.

If you click on one of the inputs it will be marked like this:

After that, if you click on an output it will be connected to that input:

As I said it isn't finished and if somebody has a better idea to signalise which input is connected to which output, I'm all ears. I'm not a huge fan of colouring the boxes. I just used it as a proof of concept to show the connections of the matrix. Also right now you need to refresh the website to get the current configuration of the matrix and I'm not quite sure if it is possible to get the current configuration without reloading.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

ElBartoME wrote:I have hooked up 8 monitors to my matrix and would like to change the input on the fly without using presets. For this I decided to modify your files a bit.
Very cool work! When you finalize it would you mind please sharing your code so others can try this if they want?

For the DESIGN: I think doing the color indicators in a similar manner to how Extron does is fine, and super logical. If you're using an IP Link box that means you have a BB crosspoint, correct? I believe both the BB (with red/green/amber LED) and WB Crosspoints (with red/green/amber backlit buttons) use color indicators the same general way.

You already know this, but for others that don't (and while we're brainstorming on the forum): If you press an input on the Crosspoint itself, the button turns green so you know it's selected. When you select the output(s) those also turn green so you can see which one(s) you've selected. You then press "enter" to confirm those changes. Afterwards, if you press any input it'll light-up the corresponding output(s) so you can see/check how everything is setup at a quick glance. (Note: this can vary a bit with colors of if you're switching audio only, video only, or both, but it's the same principle regardless)

To your webpage, I'm with you about not liking full blocks of color. I like the indicators being something lighter like just an outline of the box (or similar) like you show in one of your screenshots.

For the issue of having to refresh to see the new configuration, I did a quick search and there seems to be scripts to auto-reload a page either after you do a certain action (like pressing a graphic button), or after a set time interval – that might be a good thing to have happen automatically so the webpage is never lagging behind what setting the Crosspoint is actually set to. I have no clue how you're getting the layout to refresh anyway, but there is a SIS command which will throw back data to you about the current config, which might be what you're using to have the Crosspoint talk to your webpage for all I know.

This brings me to a question of how are you enabling the "enter" button? As in when people want to do for example: Input 1 > Output 1, you normally HAVE to hit "enter" after that to finalize the command. I don't see an enter button on your layout, so are you limited to only selecting ONE output? (then I'm guessing after selecting the one output the javascript kicks in and automatically hits the "enter" command for you?). And if there is no enter then I assume this can only select 1x output at a time? I find people who are enough into their setups to A.) actually own and have a Crosspoint setup, and B.) like it enough to try to setup CRT-C for it, usually have larger setups with multiple monitors (and/or a 2nd screen/output like a capture card, etc.), so this would be an important thing for a lot of us.

Two other little points: I linked above to a file that has Crosspoint (physical print-out) button graphics - lots of different monitor graphics there you can use for your bottom rows if you would like (all line-art so easily editable as well).

And also wanted to mention that the talented Kez has a cool (also auto-resizing like CRT-C does) pop-up modal he wrote. Currently I'm testing it on my regular CRT-C (which does Presets, not inputs/outputs like yours), where I click on the "Extron RGB" button, and a modal pops-up to do both horizontal and vertical centering with an Extron RGB box. That modal would be cool for your setup too (so you can have both presets - which I find immensely convenient, and manually selecting input/output for those who want that).
ElBartoME

Post by ElBartoME »

Dochartaigh wrote:Very cool work! When you finalize it would you mind please sharing your code so others can try this if they want?
Thanks! Of course I will share the code.
Dochartaigh wrote:For the DESIGN: I think doing the color indicators in a similar manner to how Extron does is fine, and super logical. If you're using an IP Link box that means you have a BB crosspoint, correct? I believe both the BB (with red/green/amber LED) and WB Crosspoints (with red/green/amber backlit buttons) use color indicators the same general way.
Yes, I have a BB Extron.
Dochartaigh wrote:To your webpage, I'm with you about not liking full blocks of color. I like the indicators being something lighter like just an outline of the box (or similar) like you show in one of your screenshots.
Oh yes, I like that idea. Indicators make much more sense than just coloring the whole box. I will incorporate that into the code.
Dochartaigh wrote:For the issue of having to refresh to see the new configuration, I did a quick search and there seems to be scripts to auto-reload a page either after you do a certain action (like pressing a graphic button), or after a set time interval – that might be a good thing to have happen automatically so the webpage is never lagging behind what setting the Crosspoint is actually set to. I have no clue how you're getting the layout to refresh anyway, but there is a SIS command which will throw back data to you about the current config, which might be what you're using to have the Crosspoint talk to your webpage for all I know.
Yes I'm using SIS commands to get the current status of the Extron. They way it does requests is weird and is baked into the HTML code when you load the page. I will have a look into auto-reloading the page in the background. Thanks for the tip.
Dochartaigh wrote:This brings me to a question of how are you enabling the "enter" button? As in when people want to do for example: Input 1 > Output 1, you normally HAVE to hit "enter" after that to finalize the command. I don't see an enter button on your layout, so are you limited to only selecting ONE output? (then I'm guessing after selecting the one output the javascript kicks in and automatically hits the "enter" command for you?). And if there is no enter then I assume this can only select 1x output at a time? I find people who are enough into their setups to A.) actually own and have a Crosspoint setup, and B.) like it enough to try to setup CRT-C for it, usually have larger setups with multiple monitors (and/or a 2nd screen/output like a capture card, etc.), so this would be an important thing for a lot of us.
So the way it is set up now is the following: You click on an input. The input will be highlighted. You can now click on as many outputs you want. No need for an enter key here. As soon as you click on an output it will establish the connection immediately. When you are done you click on the input again to remove the highlighting. So you can do more than one output.
Dochartaigh wrote:Two other little points: I linked above to a file that has Crosspoint (physical print-out) button graphics - lots of different monitor graphics there you can use for your bottom rows if you would like (all line-art so easily editable as well).
Oh, thanks! That makes my life much easier.
Dochartaigh wrote:And also wanted to mention that the talented Kez has a cool (also auto-resizing like CRT-C does) pop-up modal he wrote. Currently I'm testing it on my regular CRT-C (which does Presets, not inputs/outputs like yours), where I click on the "Extron RGB" button, and a modal pops-up to do both horizontal and vertical centering with an Extron RGB box. That modal would be cool for your setup too (so you can have both presets - which I find immensely convenient, and manually selecting input/output for those who want that).
I also thought about unifying with the page for presets. That is the best of both worlds. When I'm finished with the stuff I mentioned above I'm gonna have a look at that too. Do you have a bit of code to show how that works?
ElBartoME

Post by ElBartoME »

I changed to border-colors instead of the box itself and I think it looks much cleaner.

Sadly I'm not sure if reloading on the fly is possible. The way extron does it is baking the answer of the request right into the HTML. So that means I need to refresh the whole page to get new data. I can refresh the whole page, but the problem with that is there would be flickering everytime there is a refresh...
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

ElBartoME wrote:I also thought about unifying with the page for presets. That is the best of both worlds. When I'm finished with the stuff I mentioned above I'm gonna have a look at that too. Do you have a bit of code to show how that works?
No problem at all! I've been super busy lately, but let me test some of this code Kez sent me recently (he did a new improved version of the modal I've been dragging my feet on testing), then when that's done I'll send the files to you.
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Could anyone clarify the cable type I'd need to connect an Extron IPL box to a couple of Extron devices? I'm wanting to get CRT-C working with a Crosspoint Ultra and also a RGB 580xi (which only has the individual captive screw connector type of RS-232 connector).

I've done some searches online and they're not easy to find.

EDIT: Just re-read the thread (sorry), and making the cables yourself seems to be the choice available. Does anyone have a seller, or did they make their own cables?
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

coderkind wrote:EDIT: Just re-read the thread (sorry), and making the cables yourself seems to be the choice available. Does anyone have a seller, or did they make their own cables?
You're talking Extron Phoenix (captive screw) connector to DB9/RS232/Serial cable (most likely running to an Extron IP Link box), correct? OR Phoenix to Phoenix if your IP Link only has the Phoenix connector and no DB9, right?

I've never seen anybody selling these pre-made since it's such a niche thing (and super easy to make yourself - literally just need a small screwdriver, and pair of wire strippers or even just a kitchen knife I'm sure you have...).

Biggest pain is probably just having to find and order the right size Phoenix connectors (and DB9/Serial cables to cut-open are available nearly everywhere). Phoenix are pretty popular since they're used for audio too (although have to get the right size, or dremel the extra ones off if you get too big a size - just don't get the red ones, those are for power and slightly different plug). There's lots on eBay, Aliexpress too.

I believe you can call up Extron and they'll sell them to you - or more exactly prob point you to a local dealer who will. Thankfully my Extron IP Link boxes I bought off eBay came with a bunch of them which I've been wiring up myself for my Extron RGB 203 RXI's, my Crosspoint, Extron DSC 301 HD, TVOne Corio2's, etc.
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Dochartaigh wrote:You're talking Extron Phoenix (captive screw) connector to DB9/RS232/Serial cable (most likely running to an Extron IP Link box), correct? OR Phoenix to Phoenix if your IP Link only has the Phoenix connector and no DB9, right?
The former. I haven't bought an IPL box yet (so open regarding which one to get), but my 580xi only has the Phoenix connector, and otherwise my Crosspoint Ultra has a DB9 and Phoenix-based RS-232 connector.
Dochartaigh wrote:I've never seen anybody selling these pre-made since it's such a niche thing (and super easy to make yourself - literally just need a small screwdriver, and pair of wire strippers or even just a kitchen knife I'm sure you have...).
Yes, I have all that aside from the wire. Haven't a clue what wire might be suitable.
Dochartaigh wrote:I believe you can call up Extron and they'll sell them to you - or more exactly prob point you to a local dealer who will. Thankfully my Extron IP Link boxes I bought off eBay came with a bunch of them which I've been wiring up myself for my Extron RGB 203 RXI's, my Crosspoint, Extron DSC 301 HD, TVOne Corio2's, etc.
Thanks; good suggestion (and thanks for replying). I need to swot-up on RS-232 as well; the fact you've hooked up all those devices that are communicating using the same protocol is impressive.
demonku

Post by demonku »

Hello everyone, I recently bought an Extron IPCP 505 as I was hoping to get multiple serial devices working off of one box. Everything looks right but I'm can't get even one device to work with my IPCP 505. I made a video to hopefully give you all visual on what's happening.

https://youtu.be/jobsZcaLWJU

I've tried:
  • - Rebooted the IPCP 505 and the Crosspoints, in different orders
  • - Tried different COM Ports
  • - Confirmed setting on Crosspoint, Baud 9600 & RS-232 mode
  • - Confirmed settings on all COM ports
    Type: RS-232
    Baud Rate: 9600
    Data Bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop Bits: 1
    Flow Control: None
  • - Confirmed it is sending something with the provided LED
I hardly doubt this is broken but I'm not sure what else I should be checking here. Any feed back is appreciated.
charlizardon

Post by charlizardon »

Dochartaigh wrote:Still working on batch commands and things like making repetitive command strings easier if anybody is good at coding (had a couple people volunteer to work on it, but it was never finished).
I've been trying to make my IPL T S4 send back-to-back command strings to different ports (i.e. "cmd=W01RS|C1." into "W03RS|1*1Z.") using a single button/image link on CRT-C. The manual mentions that back-to-back command strings but I'm not sure how or even IF it's possible routing them to different ports on the IPL this way. I've tried a bunch of different combinations to no avail. The first command usually gets through.

I'd like to utilize CRT-C to streamline any chaining across my three switchers this way instead of pressing three different buttons to achieve the same goal. They each work separately with a single command string.

Perhaps the same effect can be achieved through the html file? Do you have any suggestions?
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

charlizardon wrote:
Dochartaigh wrote:Still working on batch commands and things like making repetitive command strings easier if anybody is good at coding (had a couple people volunteer to work on it, but it was never finished).
I've been trying to make my IPL T S4 send back-to-back command strings to different ports (i.e. "cmd=W01RS|C1." into "W03RS|1*1Z.") using a single button/image link on CRT-C. The manual mentions that back-to-back command strings but I'm not sure how or even IF it's possible routing them to different ports on the IPL this way. I've tried a bunch of different combinations to no avail. The first command usually gets through.
Still working on that - just been too busy (and more importantly I simply lack the technical programming skills to do this exact feature myself). Kez sent me some new code to try for a pop-up module for the Extron RGB 203 I as well (also usable for any other system you want a quick pop-up module window for) haven't had time to try that yet either...
Last edited by Dochartaigh on Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

demonku wrote:Hello everyone, I recently bought an Extron IPCP 505 as I was hoping to get multiple serial devices working off of one box. Everything looks right but I'm can't get even one device to work with my IPCP 505. I made a video to hopefully give you all visual on what's happening.

https://youtu.be/jobsZcaLWJU
Sorry I missed this, randomly found your video on YouTube then checked your username to see if you posted here for help... (and you did).

I wrote up several things to try/check, then re-watched your video and at 2:04 you have "cmd=W01RS|C1." when the tutorial has "cmd=W01RS|1." (no "C") to load Preset #1. See if the fix is as simple as that - if not I saved my write-up with some other things we can try.

I'll add this though: wiring up the phoenix for RS232 can SUCK (and don't trust the IP Link boxes LED flashing as being 100% indicative that it actually IS working). Extron's lineart diagram switches the RX and TX on each side to confuse people, if you read the male vs. female serial pinout on the Crosspoint side wrong you'll have it backwards, and some serial cables aren't straight through wiring - they switch pins/wires on both sides (called 'null cables' - I always use the continuity function of my multimeter to double-check on both ends).
Last edited by Dochartaigh on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquamentus

Post by Aquamentus »

Is it possible to use this to control more than one crosspoint at a time with a single preset? I have a 32x32 with most of my stuff on it but one of the inputs comes from a 12x8 which has less often used stuff on it like the PC-FX, Virtual Boy, Jaguar, etc. It also has my s-video/composite decoder setup as a loop back so when I want to play PC-FX for example I have to press PC-FX for input with S-Vid Decoder as the output then the output of the S-Vid decoder is connected as another input on the 12x8 which is selected to go to the output that is run to the 32x32 input. I then have to select the 12x8’s output as an input on the 32x32 and select which of my monitors and/or upscalers I want to view it on. So that is 2 inputs/output pairs on the 12x8 and one input/output pair on the 32x32 to play PC-FX. It would be great if I could have a preset to do this automatically upon pressing the PC-FX button.
Bandmo

Post by Bandmo »

Hello everyone. New to this setup. I have a question:

I have a ton of consoles, and I want to have them all hooked up. I would need multiple Extron matrix units to accomplish this. Is it possible to use crt-c with multiple Extron units but functioning as one? Or if I have an Extron HDMI switch, and a composite switch, could I have buttons on the touch screen trigger different units? Is there a separate unit that links multiple units together?
Is this possible?

Thanks all!
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

I managed to get hold of a IPL T S4 but having trouble getting it set up. I tried factory resetting it and then connecting it directly to my router via ethernet cable but it seemingly doesn't come up as a connected device on my network listings, so I tried the 'arp -s...' command (passing it a free IP address and the MAC address from the back of the S4) but got a "The ARP entry addition failed. Access is denied" message.

I tried a subsequent time with the IP address the Global Configurator help page suggests it might be reset to (https://ia802501.us.archive.org/12/item ... ddress.pdf), and got no error message when I ran it, but I can't see anything at 192.168.254.254 in a browser.

Global Configurator (if that software might help) looks like it's locked behind a user/password firewall on the Extron website and I can't see an .exe of the software in the Extron DVD files I've looked at on Archive.org.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

coderkind wrote:I tried a subsequent time with the IP address the Global Configurator help page suggests it might be reset to (https://ia802501.us.archive.org/12/item ... ddress.pdf), and got no error message when I ran it, but I can't see anything at 192.168.254.254 in a browser.
Anymore I always do the "Embedded Web Pages" part of that PDF that has you connect it direct to your computer (i.e. NOT through any router, straight ethernet cable to the ethernet port on the PC to the ethernet port on the IP Link). That let me setup 6x of the IP Link boxes on my network so far.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

AFAIK, there's no reliable way for a client to request a static IP from DHCP. You'll have to assign the device a static IP on the router. You know the MAC, so it should be rather easy. Alternately, you may be able to log in to the device directly over ethernet and tell the client device to always use a specific static IP (don't ask DHCP for an address), just make sure there's no collision with the set of addresses your router's DHCP is using. Might also check the documentation and make sure the necessary ports are open on the router and on your PC. In a perfect world, it's just port 80 or 443 and things will just work, but you should still double check.
We apologise for the inconvenience
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Dochartaigh wrote:
coderkind wrote:I tried a subsequent time with the IP address the Global Configurator help page suggests it might be reset to (https://ia802501.us.archive.org/12/item ... ddress.pdf), and got no error message when I ran it, but I can't see anything at 192.168.254.254 in a browser.
Anymore I always do the "Embedded Web Pages" part of that PDF that has you connect it direct to your computer (i.e. NOT through any router, straight ethernet cable to the ethernet port on the PC to the ethernet port on the IP Link). That let me setup 6x of the IP Link boxes on my network so far.
Thanks. I don't use Windows regularly (more of a Mac user) but have Windows 10 Pro running on a Mac, but Windows 10 Pro seemingly doesn't have "My Network Places" that the Embedded Web Pages section of the guide goes into, so I'm unsure how to follow those steps. It's seemingly written for Windows XP.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

coderkind wrote:Thanks. I don't use Windows regularly (more of a Mac user) but have Windows 10 Pro running on a Mac, but Windows 10 Pro seemingly doesn't have "My Network Places" that the Embedded Web Pages section of the guide goes into, so I'm unsure how to follow those steps. It's seemingly written for Windows XP.
I'm a Mac user too - I did it on my Windows 10 Boot Camp. Just googled where those settings are - they're still part of Windows OS, just have to do some homework to find them (this was the first google hit, don't know if I used this exact article or not, but it's a starting point).
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Dochartaigh wrote:
coderkind wrote:Thanks. I don't use Windows regularly (more of a Mac user) but have Windows 10 Pro running on a Mac, but Windows 10 Pro seemingly doesn't have "My Network Places" that the Embedded Web Pages section of the guide goes into, so I'm unsure how to follow those steps. It's seemingly written for Windows XP.
I'm a Mac user too - I did it on my Windows 10 Boot Camp. Just googled where those settings are - they're still part of Windows OS, just have to do some homework to find them (this was the first google hit, don't know if I used this exact article or not, but it's a starting point).
Thanks (again). Gotten somewhere; I can access the S4's webpage, but there's no configuration tab as mentioned in the guide; it just says "You have accessed a system configured for centralized management. Please contact your local support administrator for information required to access this system".

UPDATE

I can see it appending /nortxe_index.html to the end of the IP address. Progress!