Super Famicom / SNES SuperCIC + uIGR strange reset behaviour

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Freedy

Super Famicom / SNES SuperCIC + uIGR strange reset behaviour

Post by Freedy »

Hi!
I have a super famicom 3-chip model (SNS-CPU-GPM-02), with a multiregion borti4938 board, with supercic and uIGR (the older one without the deJitter).
Unfortunately there is a problem with the system, when I press L+R+select, the system resets.
The strange thing, if I just quickly press L+R+select+ Y/B/A buttons, the regio mode switching is working, but if I press it "naturally" the system resets.
I checked the connections several times, I tried to flash an other pic16F684 with uIGR, but the problem remains.

The strangest thing is, I even tried the system with removing the uIGR chip. The system stopped reseting when pressing L+R+select, but if I press L+R+select+start, the system resets.

I just don't understand how is this even possible, without a uIGR chip and without connecting the board to the controller pins?

Have any of you experienced something similar to this?

I even tried installing a different multiregion board, but the result is the same.
Freedy

Re: Super Famicom / SNES SuperCIC + uIGR strange reset behav

Post by Freedy »

Interesting, I only had a controller from aliexpress, but I purchased an original one since then, and with the original controller there is no weird reset behaviour. But its still a mystery how is it possible to trigger the system to reset without uIGR, with a button combination.

(The aliexpress controller worked fine with a pal 3-chip system with the same mod before.)

I will try the controller on a 1-chip PAL system, too. My guess is that system won't reset as the 3-chip japanese one.

Update: the 1-chip PAL system also resets, when pressing L + R + select buttons on the aliexpress controller.