JVC TM-H1900G Recovering Menu and Controls

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
sunomo

JVC TM-H1900G Recovering Menu and Controls

Post by sunomo »

Hi everyone,

I have a JVC TM-H1900G which I successfully modified with RGB input years ago inspired by this topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60736&start=30 I added a SCART port connected to the IC jungle (IC501). The SCART input can be enabled or disabled with a switch.

One day when I tried to repair a plastic panel inside, I accidentally forgot to connect the ground so I had a short. When switched on again, the pictures were ok but not the menu and any control from the front panel including the volume and the brightness. When I press them nothing happens.

The problem is for sure in the signal input board. In fact I also have a JVC TM-H1900CG from which I exchanged the board. In this way the menu appeared again correctly.

I hope to be able to repair this input board. I think that if the problem was into IC501 I was unable to see anything. More likely the IC701 (M37207MC-316SP) IC702 (AT24C08-H1750C) Microcomputer with Memory are the defective part, since they are connected to the keys and to the remote directly.

Is it possible to find somewhere these chips and to program them correctly?

Circuit maps can be found here: https://archive.org/details/51961-s/51961-S