Compatible tube for sony pvm-1341... Any lists?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
deezdrama

Compatible tube for sony pvm-1341... Any lists?

Post by deezdrama »

So i have a working bright tubed pvm-1341 and have 2 more with severely dim tubes.

One of the dim tubes is an A34JHS12X
Then the one with a bright tube is a M34JNQ15X.

Its hard to find any info on either of these tubes, or a tube compatibility list for a pvm-1341.

Would it be safe to look for either of these tubes as a replacement?
Are there other tubes that would fit?
Anyone know of a tube compatibility list anywhere?

Thanks
matt

Re: Compatible tube for sony pvm-1341... Any lists?

Post by matt »

As long as it's a Sony tube with the same socket and pinout, it would probably work. They are not easy to find, though - your best bet might be to find a broken PVM where the tube is still good. I'm not aware of any published list, but you should be able to compare service manuals from different models.

Sony's 13" consumer tubes will work in some PVMs (not sure about yours, but I expect it would). They used the same tubes for most (if not all) of their 13" curved screen TVs from the late '80s up until they switched to Wegas. These tubes have a much coarser pitch (and the yoke is different so you'd have to do a yoke swap which is a pain) but it would be better than nothing.
deezdrama

Post by deezdrama »

matt wrote:As long as it's a Sony tube with the same socket and pinout, it would probably work. They are not easy to find, though - your best bet might be to find a broken PVM where the tube is still good. I'm not aware of any published list, but you should be able to compare service manuals from different models.

Sony's 13" consumer tubes will work in some PVMs (not sure about yours, but I expect it would). They used the same tubes for most (if not all) of their 13" curved screen TVs from the late '80s up until they switched to Wegas. These tubes have a much coarser pitch (and the yoke is different so you'd have to do a yoke swap which is a pain) but it would be better than nothing.

Good info!

If I found a new old stock compatible pvm tube what would a fair price range be to pay in your opinion?
matt

Post by matt »

There's no good answer for that... It really depends how much it's worth to you. There's not exactly a lot of them being sold nowadays so it's hard to get a handle on what current market value.