HDMI Switchers with more than 8 inputs + HDMI splitter lag?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Ikaruga11

HDMI Switchers with more than 8 inputs + HDMI splitter lag?

Post by Ikaruga11 »

Are there any HDMI Switchers with more than 8 HDMI inputs? I need about 12-16 HDMI inputs, but can't seem to find anything more than 8.

Also, do HDMI splitters introduce any lag or video/audio degradation? I need HDMI splitters for a few of my consoles to split the HDMI signal in two, with one split cable going into an HDMI Switch box and the other cable being HDMI->Analog VGA/RGBS for an Extron Crosspoint.
ldeveraux

Re: HDMI Switchers with more than 8 inputs + HDMI splitter l

Post by ldeveraux »

Ikaruga11 wrote:Are there any HDMI Switchers with more than 8 HDMI inputs? I need about 12-16 HDMI inputs, but can't seem to find anything more than 8.

Also, do HDMI splitters introduce any lag or video/audio degradation? I need HDMI splitters for a few of my consoles to split the HDMI signal in two, with one split cable going into an HDMI Switch box and the other cable being HDMI->Analog VGA/RGBS for an Extron Crosspoint.
There's still this, which a few of us have and recommend:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07258PWTW
Ikaruga11

Post by Ikaruga11 »

ldeveraux wrote:
Ikaruga11 wrote:Are there any HDMI Switchers with more than 8 HDMI inputs? I need about 12-16 HDMI inputs, but can't seem to find anything more than 8.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07258PWTW
Thanks. :D Wow, 16 inputs is a lot! :o

It looks like some of the reviews suggest this switcher has a tendency to stop working. Has anyone here had any issues with this switcher?
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Ikaruga11 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07258PWTW
Thanks. :D Wow, 16 inputs is a lot! :o

It looks like some of the reviews suggest this switcher has a tendency to stop working. Has anyone here had any issues with this switcher?
I think only 2 or 3 of us have bought it, and it took a while to get the software working. I still don't even use the software, it wasn't great, but i was able to disable the horrid beep on switch. Apart from that, i think it works admirably. I actually use it as a kvm, not a switch, so ymmv, but as a kvm it's been top notch.