PVM-1341's with dim tubes. Part out/ rejuve?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
deezdrama

PVM-1341's with dim tubes. Part out/ rejuve?

Post by deezdrama »

So a while back I picked up two 14" Ikegamis, a sony 1344q and a sony 1341 that all work great.
Thrown in the deal I also took 2 dim 1341's and 3 dim panasonic pro monitors.

It seems these sony 1341's had tubes replaced between 2000-2002 then were also rejuvenated around 2010.
One of them had 2 rejuvenations.

They are dim and the g2 voltage pot doesnt help.

It seems impossible to find tubes at this point.
Should I just part them out and maybe keep one for spare parts?

I can get a rejuvenator for $250 but would it even be worth it since they have been rejuvenated before?

Any thoughts or opinions?

https://ibb.co/4m9wmVc
https://ibb.co/DwSGhBQ
jd213

Re: PVM-1341's with dim tubes. Part out/ rejuve?

Post by jd213 »

Hard to tell from the pic, but it still looks like it would be an acceptable picture in a dimly lit room. I imagine at least some people would be satisfied with them (at least when compared to a consumer set), and they would hopefully last at least for a another few thousand hours, so I personally wouldn't want to give up on the tubes just yet.
tongshadow

Post by tongshadow »

Your CRT is already living on borrowed time, find another one or sell it.
Brad808

Post by Brad808 »

Trying to guess the health of a tube just by looking at it is tricky. There are way too many variables to give any sort of accurate assessment. You can confidently ignore anyone trying to claim they can tell a tube needs a rejuv based on a photo on the internet. The best way to know the health of the tube is to hook it up to an analyzer and see. Look at getting a Sencore CR7000.
deezdrama

Post by deezdrama »

jd213 wrote:Hard to tell from the pic, but it still looks like it would be an acceptable picture in a dimly lit room. I imagine at least some people would be satisfied with them (at least when compared to a consumer set), and they would hopefully last at least for a another few thousand hours, so I personally wouldn't want to give up on the tubes just yet.
Heres a better comparison, they are super dim.
I matched the iso to represent what I see pretty closely.
https://ibb.co/fvgqTXZ

I dont think theres any use left in those 2 tubes.
Someone mentioned a consumer tube model that was compatible but i cant find any info on it
jd213

Post by jd213 »

If it were me, I'd first try swapping out boards and/or recapping. If that doesn't work, then maybe see if you can find someone who has a rejuvenator. Barring that, save them for later (they'll probably go up in value even with the dim picture) if you have room, maybe wait and see if the open-source CRT chassis project or something can save them.