quick sync Q for whoevers out there

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Edgecrusher

quick sync Q for whoevers out there

Post by Edgecrusher »

Modding a new set. an old Sylvania 6720. It only has composite connectors for inputs.

Wondering if the "C-sync" I see in the schematic running between the jungle and the osd is where I can connect my "Csync" coming in from my source? Or do I need to wire it to a RCA jack and plug it into the composite??

Thanks a bunch.

EDGE_
buttersoft

Re: quick sync Q for whoevers out there

Post by buttersoft »

Edgecrusher wrote:Modding a new set. an old Sylvania 6720. It only has composite connectors for inputs.

Wondering if the "C-sync" I see in the schematic running between the jungle and the osd is where I can connect my "Csync" coming in from my source? Or do I need to wire it to a RCA jack and plug it into the composite??

Thanks a bunch.

EDGE_
If this is a question about an RGB mod, you should say that. And it needs to go in the TV RGB mod thread.

Otherwise, what are you trying to do? What is your source and how do the other components of the video signal besides c-sync get fed into the set? It's unlikely you can just inject c-sync as described, or that you would need to.
Edgecrusher

Post by Edgecrusher »

buttersoft wrote:
Edgecrusher wrote:Modding a new set. an old Sylvania 6720. It only has composite connectors for inputs.

Thanks a bunch.

EDGE_
If this is a question about an RGB mod, you should say that. And it needs to go in the TV RGB mod thread.

Otherwise, what are you trying to do? What is your source and how do the other components of the video signal besides c-sync get fed into the set? It's unlikely you can just inject c-sync as described, or that you would need to.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes rgb mod. I'm not aware of any other, sorry. I'm using a passive sync combiner from vga and needed to figure out how to get the combined signal into my set. I've seen where this wire (Csync in)has been connected to a chopped rca plug (male) and plugged right into the video-in jack to provide the sync signal.

I was trying to get a quick answer and I probably was to vague which I'm usually the opposite so I apologize. The thread you speak of is long as hell and I wasn't sure if perpetuating that was a good thing or not. Some boards people get funny about that sort of thing. " why don't you start your own.." blah,blah,blah

I should be good unless anybody has any thoughts.
I finished up my wiring of the board at work today and I'm hoping after I rig up some kind of frame to prop up my tube that I can plug everything to together and find out whether I got the right stuff to figure out this rgb modding or not!
matt

Post by matt »

This has been covered ad nauseum in the RGB mod thread. Although it is a long read, it's worth it because there's a lot to learn about the process.

In a nutshell, it's best to run the sync through one of the TV's video inputs. The set syncs the entire image (including the OSD) to whatever input is selected.

Make sure your sync is attenuated to 75 ohm level first, since TTL level sync may not work and could damage the TV. If you don't know what this means, please try looking it up, since it's fairly important if you want to use RGB on different displays.