240p HDMI to Component video from pi issues

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
wildchild22

240p HDMI to Component video from pi issues

Post by wildchild22 »

I want to use CRT-PI or RGB-PI or something on my pi 3b+ to my sony trinitron.
I have a hdmi to component adapter.

I used the config below taken from
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64797

However it only works in the GUI. As soon as a start a game it is like it is overlayed in the top left of the tv and squished. I am not sure how to make the emulators just use the hdmi output and not try to squish the image in the top right corner of the screen. I can see the game and hear over hdmi but it is all squished.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this please let me know.

hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=8

hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
hdmi_pixel_encoding=2
avoid_safe_mode=1
disable_overscan=0
config_hdmi_boost=4
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=6

kernel=zImage
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=256
gpu_mem_1024=512

dtparam=audio=on
Fudoh

Re: 240p HDMI to Component video from pi issues

Post by Fudoh »

what software are you using?

On Retropie for example the Pi config only affects Emulationstation (the frontend), while you have to set the output for each emu separately. Easiest way is to set it once in the run command section (that's the menu that shows up when you launch an emu from the frontend), so the emu gets added to the videomodes.cfg and then manually edit the file to show CEA-8 for each emu.

You will also have to set a custom viewport for each system, but first things first....
wildchild22

Re: 240p HDMI to Component video from pi issues

Post by wildchild22 »

Fudoh wrote:what software are you using?

On Retropie for example the Pi config only affects Emulationstation (the frontend), while you have to set the output for each emu separately. Easiest way is to set it once in the run command section (that's the menu that shows up when you launch an emu from the frontend), so the emu gets added to the videomodes.cfg and then manually edit the file to show CEA-8 for each emu.

You will also have to set a custom viewport for each system, but first things first....

I am presently getting closer. I am using RGB-Pi
I have SSH'd into the pi and deleted all the CFG files in the retroarch folder. It complains some assets are missing but it is now close to working.