Which way do static&dynamic focus wires go into CRT socket?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Idmi

Which way do static&dynamic focus wires go into CRT socket?

Post by Idmi »

Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 220 CRT monitor

The CRT neck has two pins separated from the rest by a plastic surrounding. The socket has a spark gap connecting these back to "focus 1" and "focus 2" on the flyback transformer. The service manuals point out that horizontal and vertical focus signals are combined before entering the flyback transformer, so at least one of the focuses is dynamic. the schematics also look the same as other CRTs that have a dynamic and static focus coming out of the flyback transformer, so it look like one focus coming out is dynamic and the other is static.

in the schematics it labels the focuses going out of the flyback as "focus 1" (pretty sure for the static focus) and "focus 2" (pretty sure for the dynamic focus), but labels both the focus wires going into the CRT
as "g3" rather unhelpfully. or maybe its an indication that the order doesnt matter?

Most service manuals Ive come across state that the static and dynamic focuses run on the same voltage, so maybe it doesnt matter which way around they go ,and if they dont work one way round I can test the other way around without worrying about burning something out if i get it the wrong way round.
However, at least one service manual has a static voltage over 1000 and dynamic around 150, so i dont want to get them the wrong way around, have this be the case, and burn out something in the tube.

There is no continuity between the pins in question on the CRT.

I cant find a pinout for the CRT neck, or any CRT with static and dynamic focus pins.

Does anyone know if it even matters which way around these static/dynamic focus cables go? Would really appreciate some guidance before I just try it the way round I think it was. I've been researching it for a week but somehow this matter of which way round the big red and black wires go into the CRT socket never comes up.