Best option for 240P over composite on Raspberry Pi 3?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Brad251

Best option for 240P over composite on Raspberry Pi 3?

Post by Brad251 »

I have a Raspberry Pi 3B + and am trying to figure out the best option for doing 240P over the built in composite out. I am looking for an option that will allow for a 240P super resolution and possibly resolution switching. I'm in the process of trying out the method described here, https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/116 ... me-scaling. However, with this method, it requires the use of a shader to eliminate horizontal shimmering but you still can't change the horizontal resolution so I'm guessing that not all games will look right. Is there a Raspberry Pi distribution that allows for using a 240p horizontal super resolution such as 3840 where most if not all horizontal game resolutions would scale into this evenly so that I wouldn't have to use a shader? I know there are RGB/Component options for the Pi but my CRTs are composite only and I'm specifically trying to make this work over the built in composite.
Fudoh

Re: Best option for 240P over composite on Raspberry Pi 3?

Post by Fudoh »

using a bilinear filter for THAT kind of horizontal resolution won't degrade the image in any way. Don't worry about that.

In general I'm not sure whether the composite output will allow for super resolutions or not.