stv pause,,shmups only?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TheRed

stv pause,,shmups only?

Post by TheRed »

so far, it's only 2 shmups

terra diver (tested working)
radiant silvergun (said to have the option in the menu)

=========================================================

=========================================================
EDIT (after testing stuff)...

So, I am messing around trying to get this pause setup going for my stv with terra diver, since so far it, and RS are the only games I know of, thanks to the help below, that have "Pause SW" in the options menu. So, I have this setup on my stv board where there's a toggle switch and an RCA out, BOTH for pause. The rca female is for mounting a pause switch somewhere else on the cab or for sticking the board into a cab I already have a pause switch on. Well, it's not a dip for pause, it's the "d" pin on the 56 pin. So, when I hit the goggle one way, it paused. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! But not really thinking, I flip it back thinking that it will go back on like the neo. Well, obviously it stayed paused. So, I hit a few buttons. What seemed to happen was a lvl reset, but really what happend was, it skipped to the next level. IMO, kinda cool! So, I flip the toggle and pause it again, realizing that it's not a dip (dumbass,lol) I flip it again to send the signal. It unpauses perfectly. So, I wire in a test push button to the rca jack and the push button works PERFECTLY!!! One push to pause, and one to unpause.

So, here's the breakdown:

-The "d" pin on the 56 pin IS FOR PAUSE ON A REGULAR ONE GAME STV BOARD!!!!

-A pushbutton (duh) is what is needed to activate the pause feature! One push to pause, on push to unpause)

-IT ONLY WORKS WITH STV GAMES THAT HAVE THE FEATURE IN THEIR OPTION MENU!!!! which you must switch to ON (so far, only terra diver and RS that I know of)

-If you hit the "A" button or buttons "1" (whatever you want to call it) while the game is paused, it skips you to the next level of the game. (again, only tested with terra diver)

-If you hit the "B" button or "2" button (whatever you want to call it) while the game is paused, it acts as a reset button and takes you back to the title screen. Not resetting the whole stv board to bootup, but resetting just the game.

WE STILL NEED A LIST OF GAMES WITH THIS FEATURE!!!!
Once I get everything all back together in the cab, I will test out all of my games. So far just terra diver and radiant silvergun.

Here's you can see the fast paced game with no blurryness at all:

==========================================================
original post:

well, I have tried this before with other games with no luck at all. Some said that it only works with the multislot board which I have never even seen. Then today I get terra diver in the mail and while poking through the game options there's an on/off option for a pause switch. Anyone tried this before? I am going to attempt the whole thing again when I get home from a buddies house. Anyone seen any other stv games with this option in the menu? From what I am reading right there in the tech jpg from system16.com, it's exactly what I am looking for. It says from the 56p connector in the picture below. again, is this option in any other games?