Tim Worthington N64 RGB 2.0 question for IGR and Deblur

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TooBeaucoup

Tim Worthington N64 RGB 2.0 question for IGR and Deblur

Post by TooBeaucoup »

I recently ordered and installed Tim's N64 RGB board 2.0 version from his official site. Everything works great including the deblur via the toggle switch. I was just curious if anyone knows what firmware these latest boards have? Do these contain Borti's latest firmware that allow deblur and IGR via the controller? Tim's ordering page isn't really clear on that. There's not really updated info on his site as to what the absolute newest boards are shipping with. I've seen some people saying you need to flash Borti's latest firmware to the board but most of those posts are from over a year ago. Also, I can't find any official info on wiring the controller inputs. It looks like you wire pad M and A from the RGB board to the N64 PIF chip, but there’s no official instructions on Tim’s site for that. I suppose none of that matters if I don’t have the proper firmware for it, so I was just wondering if someone maybe knew what firmware the latest boards came with? I tried e-mailing Tim a couple weeks ago through his official contact link, but he never replied. I'm sure he gets tons of questions and just doesn't have time.
Syntax

Re: Tim Worthington N64 RGB 2.0 question for IGR and Deblur

Post by Syntax »

He's site has a log of the firmware updates and what revisions have what installed.

Bortis M A pads are described very briefly in a confusing manner in the github instructions I think.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

Syntax wrote:He's site has a log of the firmware updates and what revisions have what installed.

Bortis M A pads are described very briefly in a confusing manner in the github instructions I think.
Damn, I read right over the software part on the ordering page. Yeah, that Github is kind of a mess and I just poked around for like 15 min and still am not sure what I read... LOL! :oops:
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Code: Select all

In-Game Routines (IGR)
Three functionalities are implemented: toggle vi-deblur feature, toggle the 15bit mode and resetting the console.

To use this firmware (and therefore the IGRs) pin 21 of the CPLD (pad A) has to be connected to the communication wire of controller 1. On the controller port this is the middle pin, which is connected to pin 16 of the PIF-NUS (PIFP-NUS) on most consoles. Check this before soldering a wire to the PIF-NUS.

To use the reset functionality please connect pin 1 OR pin 18 of the CPLD (pad M) to the PIF-NUS pin 27. This is optional and can be left out if not needed.
So
Pad A to pin 16 PIF-NUS
Pad M to pin 27 PIF-NUS
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

Syntax wrote:

Code: Select all

In-Game Routines (IGR)
Three functionalities are implemented: toggle vi-deblur feature, toggle the 15bit mode and resetting the console.

To use this firmware (and therefore the IGRs) pin 21 of the CPLD (pad A) has to be connected to the communication wire of controller 1. On the controller port this is the middle pin, which is connected to pin 16 of the PIF-NUS (PIFP-NUS) on most consoles. Check this before soldering a wire to the PIF-NUS.

To use the reset functionality please connect pin 1 OR pin 18 of the CPLD (pad M) to the PIF-NUS pin 27. This is optional and can be left out if not needed.
So
Pad A to pin 16 PIF-NUS
Pad M to pin 27 PIF-NUS
Man, thanks for that. I rarely use github and am terrible at navigating and even knowing what to look for. I didn't even see that section at first. I'm such a derp with that site.