Composite over RCA to SDI via BNC

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
callebalik

Composite over RCA to SDI via BNC

Post by callebalik »

Heyhey!

Do I need a signal converter or can I go with an adaptor plug? Got a Panasonic WV-CM1000 and looking to hook up some of my non rgb consoles.

Cheers,
// C
dmxxlr

Re: Composite over RCA to SDI via BNC

Post by dmxxlr »

It looks like that monitor doesn't have SDI inputs, just composite via BNC.

BNC does not equal SDI. You can grab a RCA-BNC bullet and use your existing RCA cables.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

For clarity, SDI is a digital video signal, like HDMI, except completely serial (so only a single signal). While you can find it on older monitors, since it was introduced in 1989, a lone BNC port is always going to be analog composite video unless the port is explicitly labeled SDI or digital.
callebalik

Post by callebalik »

dmxxlr wrote:It looks like that monitor doesn't have SDI inputs, just composite via BNC.

BNC does not equal SDI. You can grab a RCA-BNC bullet and use your existing RCA cables.
Guspaz wrote:For clarity, SDI is a digital video signal, like HDMI, except completely serial (so only a single signal). While you can find it on older monitors, since it was introduced in 1989, a lone BNC port is always going to be analog composite video unless the port is explicitly labeled SDI or digital.
Thanks for clarification!

RCA to BNC adapter works great. The monitor isn't the best but great for my non modded consoles.
donald84

Post by donald84 »

This BNC coupler securely connects two cables, guaranteeing a reliable connection. If your video signal is from a BNC plug, such as security camera, but your monitor or TV input is RCA, or you want to convert a RCA plug into a BNC signal, this one really helps you.
ewing59

Post by ewing59 »

dmxxlr wrote:It looks like that monitor doesn't have SDI inputs, just composite via BNC.

MyGiftCardSite

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more.