AV Out doesn't work with DCHDMI (aka DCDigital) installed

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
JayAwesome

AV Out doesn't work with DCHDMI (aka DCDigital) installed

Post by JayAwesome »

Hey guys!

I'm a lurker for years and today I decided to make an account because I've got a question. :) I recently installed a DCHDMI. The HDMI output works perfectly. I wanted to do a little comparison on my CRT and found that the analog output is no longer working using the genuine RGB cable. I hear audio, I also see a distorted picture (like the sync signal is missing) and it's moving from bottom to top across the screen. It's not working on my OSSC either. "Cable Detect" is enabled in the DCHDMI menu.

There are no shorts, no solder bridges, no cold solder joints, etc. I have checked everything for continuity and the DCHDMI's self test shows me lots and lots of hearts. :) Not my first time installing a mod like this. :)

Do you guys have any ideas what else I could check? Primarily the Dreamcast was intended for playing on my OLED screen, but I don't want to give up the option of being able to play on the CRT. Could it possibly be that the mod is doing weird things on a PAL Dreamcast? Or is the video mode somehow altered when the DCHDMI is installed so that not every CRT can handle it anymore?

I also found some other people having the exact same problem. They never found a solution. Maybe I misunderstood something and the AV Out is only working for VGA output with the DCHDMI installed?

I hope someone can help me!
darcagn

Re: AV Out doesn't work with DCHDMI (aka DCDigital) installe

Post by darcagn »

There should be no change to the AV port's functionality whatsoever, except for the DCHDMI able to set the video mode, which is off when in cable select mode.

Does it work with composite cables? VGA cables?