UK RGB scart lead and UK power supply work with JP PS2 slim?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
andykara2003

UK RGB scart lead and UK power supply work with JP PS2 slim?

Post by andykara2003 »

I have a PAL PS2 slim outputting via RGB scart. I want to buy a Japanese PS2 slim as well - can I use my UK power supply & RGB scart cable on it?. I’ve heard that the slim PS2s take 100v-240v and the UK scart cable should work fine but just wanted to double check with the knowledgable people here.
neorichieb1971

Re: UK RGB scart lead and UK power supply work with JP PS2 s

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Yes it works. I use the same power supply for a UK/USA and JP PS2 slim. Saves me having 3 plugs in use instead of one. As long as the AC adapter states 100v-240v or something respective of that, your going to be fine.

Don't apply this to the FAT consoles, it will blow up. The FAT PS2 consoles are expecting the electricity power ratings of their respective regions.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
andykara2003

Post by andykara2003 »

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I wonder about Scart cables as well - would a UK RGB scart cable work fine on the Japanese PS2?
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

If the scart cable you have works on a PAL EU/UK machine, it will work perfectly on any PS2.

I will also add, FAT PS3's take any power cable as well, from any region. I just unplug my PS3 and put the cables in my USA machine and it works.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
andykara2003

Post by andykara2003 »

Great thanks - I’ll just pick up a £50 Jap PS2 and the game. Damnit I might even have to get a Saturn as well just to experience both versions. Everyone seems to love the Saturn version & I’m curious about the console anyway.

Has anyone played both versions & can give an opinion on which is the most satisfying to play? I realise the PS2 version doesn’t have multiplayer but I’m not bothered about that, just core gameplay.
parodius

Post by parodius »

Which game are you talking about ? :lol:
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
andykara2003

Post by andykara2003 »

Sorry! I’ve always wanted a decent home version of Sega Rally Championship. Im buying a Jap PS2 for the PS2 version & was wondering how the guys here rate it against the Saturn version.
azmun

Post by azmun »

andykara2003 wrote:Sorry! I’ve always wanted a decent home version of Sega Rally Championship. Im buying a Jap PS2 for the PS2 version & was wondering how the guys here rate it against the Saturn version.
I've got both versions and I'll take Saturn port over the PS2. PS2 is pretty much bare bones but is closer to the arcade if that's what you're looking for. Basically, the only advantage PS2 has is better graphics with higher (60fps) framerate and higher resolution (progressive scan) options. Saturn has few content (extras/exclusives) going for it and let's you sink more time. Let's you tweak car handling via customized (e.g. suspension) settings, race each track in three laps, has some fine details arcade never had (birds flying along desert track), arranged soundtrack, Lancia Stratos, time attack and multiplayer mode.

But as much as I am a huge fan of Sega Rally, Sega Rally Revo has superseded this classic in every way.