Anywhere in the UK I can get custom joystick art printed?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
bcass

Anywhere in the UK I can get custom joystick art printed?

Post by bcass »

I am in process of building a custom joystick using a TMX case. I've put together some art prints onto the TMX template and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for printing services in the UK that do particularly high quality colour printing? I know there are loads to be found via Google, but I wanted to get suggestions from people who had good experiences with a particular company, and a company that was not bothered about what they print (i.e. featuring graphics from games). Printing sections of existing game art would fall under fair use under UK law, as I am not printing the art for commercial gain. However, I can see that some printing companies might be more fussy about this than others, hence my post.
Gunstar

Re: Anywhere in the UK I can get custom joystick art printed

Post by Gunstar »

Send Olly a message: https://www.arcadeartshop.com/ or https://twitter.com/arcadeartshop

He's done a few custom posters for me, so cool with fair use. I'm also in the process of getting some custom art for some PS2/360 hori sticks and already contacted him about a few things, he said he's done art for console sticks before.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Excellent, thanks for the tip.
bcass

Post by bcass »

@Gunstar - How many art prints were you thinking of ordering? I've just had a quote of £18 per print from arcadeartshop.com, which is fine, but he needs a minimum order of 4 prints and I probably only need 2 prints at most.
Gunstar

Post by Gunstar »

A minimum of 4 is annoying! I'm not quite done with my design yet, (working on the template and art whenever I have some spare time) and I was only thinking of getting one print to start with and maybe some more later down the line depending on how the first comes out! I'm guessing he has to use up a whole sheet so as not to waste it? hmm, that would be problematic if you wanted to mix finishes too. Is it worth asking to be put in a queue similar to how hobby PCB manufacturers work?

https://focusattack.com/ is also an option, I've read it costs about $60/£44 for art+plexi shipped to the UK, I assume it's cheaper for just the art but not sure if they print with a sticky back.
bcass

Post by bcass »

I just messaged focusattack, and they don't offer printing for the TMX template (the case I'm using).