Help - Xbox 360 HRAP Home button issues

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Jonpachi

Help - Xbox 360 HRAP Home button issues

Post by Jonpachi »

I bought a HRAP VX-SA for my 360 recently that is having some issues that seem to be related to the Home button. The joystick will sometimes fail to connect entirely, or will cut out mid-game and disconnect. I've also had it occasionally power-on the console by itself, as though I was holding down the Home button.

Has anyone had these types of issues, and is there a solution? I haven't come across replacement Home buttons on the aftermarket thus far. It's shame, as this is a really nice stick with all Sanwa parts and I've love to rescue it.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
NoAffinity

Re: Help - Xbox 360 HRAP Home button issues

Post by NoAffinity »

Sounds like a short in the wiring or possibly within the microswitch. Open up the stick and see if you can find the likely cause and replicate the problem. You can try swapping the microswitch with another one and just leaving the donor disconnected for testing purposes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

NoAffinity wrote:Sounds like a short in the wiring or possibly within the microswitch. Open up the stick and see if you can find the likely cause and replicate the problem. You can try swapping the microswitch with another one and just leaving the donor disconnected for testing purposes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks I'll give it a shot
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
pressureworld

Post by pressureworld »

Were you able to get this working again? I'm looking at the same HRAP for my 360.