Two Questions regarding RGB Modding of an Emerson TV

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
OGLZ

Two Questions regarding RGB Modding of an Emerson TV

Post by OGLZ »

Hello everyone of the Shmups Form,
I am new to posting but have been a long-time lurker of CRT modding, so I apologize if I may be posting wrong.
I would like to try and RGB mod my first CRT, but after countless hours of researching, I still have a few questions.
First off here is the TV I am attempting to RGB mod:

Brand: Emerson (Funai)
Model: cr202em9
Size: 20 Inch
Manufacturer Date: Oct 2007
TV Microcontroller: IC111

My first question is related to this Reddit post I found while researching RGB modding this specific TV. The user, "Monchicles", talks about having to use a DIY amp to the neck board of this TV. I understand what the neck board is, and that the signal has to carry a strong enough voltage. Other than that I am lost, how would I go about building a DIY amp or even connecting this amp to my CRT?

Link to the Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/comm ... _diagrams/

My second question is related to the actual RGB connections I will have to make/wire. On this CRT there is small 2.2k resistors that are surface-mounted. I don't believe I have the skills to solder to a surface-mount component. However, there are some diodes right after inline with the resistors. These diodes are through-hole and I do have the skills to solder a wire to these. Would the RGB mod work to solder something to these diodes instead of the resistors?

Thank you so much everyone I appreciate you all!!
Back pain for beautiful frames