TV without RGB-in? Is there light in the end of the tunnel?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
spikespiegel

TV without RGB-in? Is there light in the end of the tunnel?

Post by spikespiegel »

So I got this CRT TV and thought about modding it (RGB), but I can only see RGB-out in the schematic, not RGB-in.
Is there a workaround for this problem? Or should use RGB-out?

The schematic can be found in this PDF file:

Code: Select all

https://www.electronica-pt.com/esquema/tv/toshiba-esquemas-tv/semp-toshiba-tv2982(n)avs-tv2916(n)ms-tv2916(n)ms-fm-tv2922(j)fs-tv2959(j)fs-chassis-lem10-fs8-14706/
It's a Toshiba 2959 JFS. The schematic can be found on page 23, but I'd like to ask if that's possible for the moderator to attach the pdf file here.
Last edited by spikespiegel on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
buttersoft

Re: TV without RGB-in? Is there light in the end of the tunn

Post by buttersoft »

This goes in the TV RGB mod thread. And the link is broken anyway, for me.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

This TV seems to have component inputs, so an RGB mod is not necessary. You could just use an RGB2COMP and you will get the same quality.
Osirus

Post by Osirus »

I would never let something like component inputs keep me from doing a separate RGB mod.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

If you want to go through all the effort just to end up with an identical result, that's your perogative. Personally, I think it's a waste of time to RGB mod a TV that already has equivalent inputs. RGB mods are best for TVs that only have composite or maybe s-video.
spikespiegel

Post by spikespiegel »

Guspaz wrote:This TV seems to have component inputs, so an RGB mod is not necessary. You could just use an RGB2COMP and you will get the same quality.
I'm never ever going to use a Component cable for this case. It's not like I'm blind and I didn't even see the huge component-in behind the TV. So don't even start it, I don't want to know.
spikespiegel

Post by spikespiegel »

buttersoft wrote:This goes in the TV RGB mod thread. And the link is broken anyway, for me.
I edited the post and placed a new link, but it's not the direct download anymore. Now you have to hit the download button to get the file.
Also, I posted here because I saw another post like this posted in the hardware section. Please, a moderator move it to the mod thread.
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

I've RGB modded several component TVs :wink:
spikespiegel

Post by spikespiegel »

maxtherabbit wrote:I've RGB modded several component TVs :wink:
It looks like the only way to mod RGB this TV is through the neckboard. Since the neckboard needs an amplified signal, is there anyway to mod it in a way that I can use a pure RGB signal and then there will be a circuit that will amplify the signal before it reaches the neckboard?